|18 Dec 2010||#2|
| || |
You could try using Vista 64 drivers for this printer or follow these instruction given by a Microsoft Software Engineer:
Uninstall the drivers for Canon i9900 completely. Download the drivers from the link given below save it on the desktop, after uninstalling the drivers from device manager install the downloaded driver.
To uninstall drivers
1. Click on Start menu, type in devmgmt.msc to open the Device Manager.
2. The Device Manager will then display a list of installed devices in the right pane of the console.
3. Expand the category of the device you wish to uninstall.
4. Right-click the device and select Properties.
5. Select the Driver tab on the device's Properties dialog box.
6. Click the Uninstall Driver button.
A dialog box will pop up asking you to confirm ‘Uninstall’. Click OK to proceed.
For more details follow the link given below.
Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly
|My System Specs|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18 AM.