Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: What scanner are you using with Win7?


29 Dec 2010   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit)
 
 
What scanner are you using with Win7?

I'm looking for a good quality scanner to scan hundreds of old pictures.
I have seen many but wanted to see what you guys could suggest that works well with Windows 7 32 bit and using USB.

Thanks

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 Dec 2010   #2

Windows 7 Professional 32bit Sp1
 
 

Some one earlier mentioned an Epson All In One that would take a batch scan and straighten and separate each photo into it's own file. Otherwise, photoshop will also do that.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2010   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Hikertrash View Post
Some one earlier mentioned an Epson All In One that would take a batch scan and straighten and separate each photo into it's own file. Otherwise, photoshop will also do that.
I'm presently considering this scanner.
Epson Perfection V600 with Dry Ice software that does wonderful things to old pics
Does photos, slides as well as negitives

or a

CanonScan 8000F
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


29 Dec 2010   #4

Windows 7 Professional 32bit Sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by IggyAZ View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Hikertrash View Post
Some one earlier mentioned an Epson All In One that would take a batch scan and straighten and separate each photo into it's own file. Otherwise, photoshop will also do that.
I'm presently considering this scanner.
Epson Perfection V600 with Dry Ice software that does wonderful things to old pics
Does photos, slides as well as negitives

or a

CanonScan 8000F
Will the the Canon work with Windows 7?

Edit: I saw where Canon does a good job of updating their drivers. I have an older CanoScan 4200F I got to scan slides. Unfortunately, it only does 2 slides at a time.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2010   #5

Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

I use a Nikon Coolscan LS4000ED as seen on my website - Scan/Print

Yes, it works under Windows 7 x64 using my instructions here - Getting your Nikon Coolscan to work on W7 x64
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2010   #6

Windows 8.1 Pro w/Media Center 64bit, Windows 7 HP 64bit
 
 

I have the Epson Perfection V300 USB running on Windows 7 64bit.
It has LED back light so no wait time to warm up. Nice unit.

Jim
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2010   #7

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
 
 

I have the epson perfection V500 and it's working pretty well on Windows 7-x64

Both the stand alone scan tool and twain worked though my last update to photoshop somehow killed it's twain ability :P

I've specifically been using to scan old slides. some as old as 1940. It dows quite a nice job.

The ice technology is somewhat slow though and on /some/ slides it messes up and you have to rescan without it. But most of the time it does an amazing job. and when I got to the newer slides I just wiped the dust off the tray on every scan and blew off the slides and had very little de dusting to do by hand in photoshop.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2010   #8

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 SP1, Home Premium, 64-bit
 
 

Iggy:

I looked into scanners 5 or 6 years ago and came to the conclusion that Epsons were appropriate for my needs. Prices then were declining into the sub $100 range. I never bought one.

For the first time in several years, I just now looked at New Egg Epson scanners.

I see one Epson under $100, with the midpoint price around $300, some above $500.

What's going on that is causing scanner prices to rise noticeably in the last 2 or 3 years??? Do they also do your laundry? What am I missing? I was shocked at the prices. Some well beyond $1000.

That sounds like 1995, when all scanners were very costly.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2010   #9
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Hikertrash View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by IggyAZ View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Hikertrash View Post
Some one earlier mentioned an Epson All In One that would take a batch scan and straighten and separate each photo into it's own file. Otherwise, photoshop will also do that.
I'm presently considering this scanner.
Epson Perfection V600 with Dry Ice software that does wonderful things to old pics
Does photos, slides as well as negitives

or a

CanonScan 8000F
Will the the Canon work with Windows 7?
I have 5 Canons - a couple are 4 years old. They all work with Windows 7.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2010   #10

Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ignatzatsonic View Post
What's going on that is causing scanner prices to rise noticeably in the last 2 or 3 years??? Do they also do your laundry? What am I missing?
Photographers with their thousands of negatives and slides needing to be converted to digital files
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 What scanner are you using with Win7?




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33