Problem is that I'm unable to access my WD Drive. I get a message that says Access Denied. This drive was originally formatted with a version of VISTA using recovery disks. I then went over top with Windows 7. I no longer use the drive as my main OS but rather as a storage drive and a backup OS. I can still boot the OS on this drive but can not access any data stored outside of the OS environment. Under My Computer, while I'm booted into the OS on this Drive(back-up OS), you see a partition called Reserved Partion. This reserved partition is the partion that the OS is operating within. You also see another partition that is presumably the rest of the drive and also unaccessible.
Here is what happened leading up to this issue.
1) I wanted to remove clutter, mainly my Windows.old file(formerly recovered VISTA)
2) I tried deleting this folder
3) I got a msg saying that I could not delete certain folders because I didn't have permission to do so. I checked the permissions under the properties of the folder to see that permissions were being held by a User that I didn't recognize(TrustedContentID) or something like that.
4) I opened the Windows.old Folder and started deleting random folders in hopes that I could delete the bulk of the folder and just ignore what I could not.
5) I found that most of the folders contained items that I did not have permission to delete.
6) I thought this was weird and decided to re-do the ownership of the drive. During this process there were a few error msgs that said there were folders that I could not change the ownership of....access is denied....I hit continue several times as the msg repeated itself. Finally the ownership change was complete.
7) unable to access drive.
I've tried unsuccessfully many times to change the permissions of the drive. I've also tried booting into my back up OS to change the ownership of the drive from there too...no luck.
This is my problem. I would really appreciate some feedback or even questions that prompt for more information...