Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: my "network adapter" missing

04 Feb 2011   #1
chocobo

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 
my "network adapter" missing

HI all,my onboard LAN ethernet adapter is no longer showing in Device Manager, it's just dissappeared all of a sudden, was there and working until a few days ago, no hardware changes made.
i've tried disabling and re-enabling in the BIOS.
im using windows 7 prof 64bit

anyone can help me??
troubleshooter said that "none of network adapter is instaled"
the light in adapter didnt blink yet when i plugged lan cable


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
04 Feb 2011   #2
richnrockville

Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1
 
 

I could be that your network card has died. it could be that you can turn it power off, remove the card and re-insert it.
If if is on the motherboard, your bios might have turned it off. go into bios and see if it shows up and is operational.

what kind of ethernet connection is it? card or on the motherboard.

Rich
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Feb 2011   #3
Orbital Shark

 
 

If you have the capabilities to do so then you may want to download the latest drivers from the machine manufacturer website. It could be that somehting, anything, has made a change to the way your software reads your hardware and thus your Ethernet card can't be found.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

04 Feb 2011   #4
chocobo

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by richnrockville View Post
I could be that your network card has died. it could be that you can turn it power off, remove the card and re-insert it.
If if is on the motherboard, your bios might have turned it off. go into bios and see if it shows up and is operational.

what kind of ethernet connection is it? card or on the motherboard.

Rich
its onboard adapter, how to change the adapter if its an onboard drive?..
ive been trying so many trial of error for this problem
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Feb 2011   #5
chocobo

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Orbital Shark View Post
If you have the capabilities to do so then you may want to download the latest drivers from the machine manufacturer website. It could be that somehting, anything, has made a change to the way your software reads your hardware and thus your Ethernet card can't be found.
yes i have try that but if i instal the newest one its still no change after all...
no network adapter in device manager while the installer needs to be network adapter is in device manager..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Feb 2011   #6
chocobo

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Joules View Post
I sounds to me it's dead and you have to go buy a pci lan ethernet card.
well its onboard ethernet card
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Feb 2011   #7
DeaconFrost

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chocobo View Post
well its onboard ethernet card
That isn't really related to the suggestion. If anything, it simplifies the process. Disable the onboard LAN adapter in the BIOS, and pop in a PCI NIC. They should be available just about anywhere, an dirt cheap. In fact I just donated 20 of them to a tech charity recently. If you know anyone who works on computers, they'll likely have boxes of them.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Feb 2011   #8
chocobo

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DeaconFrost View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chocobo View Post
well its onboard ethernet card
That isn't really related to the suggestion. If anything, it simplifies the process. Disable the onboard LAN adapter in the BIOS, and pop in a PCI NIC. They should be available just about anywhere, an dirt cheap. In fact I just donated 20 of them to a tech charity recently. If you know anyone who works on computers, they'll likely have boxes of them.
hmm thx anyway maybe my friend have it one
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 my "network adapter" missing




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
"Local Area Connection" missing in "Change adapter Settings".. Plz hlp
I have to set up a Broadband connection. But Local Area connection icon is missing. Someone told "drivers" could be missing... I installed few. But the problem is as it was.. please guide me in this regards.. Thank you Screen shots Attached
Network & Sharing
"Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter" is missing
I used to see Wireless Connection 2 (Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter), but now it has disappeared. I have tried netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=<name of network> key=<password>. However, this hasn't brought back the connection in "Network Connections". How can I get it...
Network & Sharing
Win7 won't connect to internet over "secondary" network adapter
Hi. I used to connect to the internet with cable broadband service going from the cable modem to my Asus RT-N15 router and then by wire to my desktop computer. This Asus network includes my NAS and wireless printer. Then I cancelled my cable internet and returned the modem. Now I am connecting to...
Network & Sharing
Built-in network adapter problems and stuck on "Enabling..."
I've had my Dell Inspiron for a few months now, but from the time I first booted it up, I've been riddled with problems. My latest one concerns the wireless connection. After using the built in wireless card for a few minutes, it will suddenly cut out and show as alternating between having full...
Network & Sharing
"Install a driver for your network adapter" ?!?!? lolwut.
Hello! I have installed Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit) on my laptop... It came with Windows 7 Ultimate but my laptop was running a bit slow so i re installed it and now everything seems fine.. One problem though... The WiFi/internet is not working!! :cry: When i click to troubleshoot it tells me to...
Drivers
"Problem with the driver for the Wireless Network Connection adapter"
Hi all, so I have gotten the above message when trying to connect to my wireless, and it's saying I have limited access to the connection. I know it's not a router/modem issue as all other computers in the house are connecting without trouble. This all happened after I attempted to uninstall...
Network & Sharing


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:41.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App