|25 Feb 2011||#1|
| || |
another safely remove hardware issue...
Step 1: I insert a USB stick
Step 2: copy something FROM it to my hdd
Step 3: I right-click the safely remove icon from the system tray
Step 4: no USB devices are listed..... only the "open devices and printers" button is listed
- I searched the forums for a solution already
- I am on win7pro64
- if I go to my computer I do see the USB stick and if I right-click on it the Eject function is there and works
- changing the cache policies does nothing (write-through or best performance)
- if I go to "devices and printers" all of them are listed and working but if right-click the USB stick no safely remove option is present
- I disabled comodo and avast just in case
- all services are started including the bluetooth one...
- sfc /scannow says there is nothing wrong
- I do run amd raidxpert (i have 2 wdc 1T black caviar in mirroring - raid 1)
It is like when the devicedisplayobjectprovider.exe is trying to build the devices list is somehow not considering the USB sticks as removable storage drives but more something like memory cards (that have only the eject option from what I know in Windows 7)....
HELP! It's annoying...
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: another safely remove hardware issue...|
|cannot safely remove hardware...||Hardware & Devices|
|SSD and Safely Remove Hardware Oddity||Hardware & Devices|
|safely remove hardware problem||Hardware & Devices|
|Safely Remove Hardware||General Discussion|
|Do you safely remove hardware||Hardware & Devices|
|Can't Remove Hardware Safely||Hardware & Devices|
|Can I remove an item from safely remove hardware list?||Hardware & Devices|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 AM.