Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Installed printers not displayed in Devices & Printers


29 Jun 2009   #1

Windows 7
 
 
Installed printers not displayed in Devices & Printers

Hi
I have installed the following printers:
Epson LX-300+II, HP Laserjet 1010, HP Colour Lasterjet 1515, Canon IP5200.

The printers work and are all displayed from Word, IE, etc, but only one printer shows up in Windows 7 Devices & Printers - usually whichever is selected as default printer. If I remove the displayed printer, it shows me another one. When I first installed, it showed me all the printers, but problems started after I had to remove and reinstall my printers.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 Jun 2009   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 
printer trouble

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LadyAth View Post
Hi
I have installed the following printers:
Epson LX-300+II, HP Laserjet 1010, HP Colour Lasterjet 1515, Canon IP5200.

The printers work and are all displayed from Word, IE, etc, but only one printer shows up in Windows 7 Devices & Printers - usually whichever is selected as default printer. If I remove the displayed printer, it shows me another one. When I first installed, it showed me all the printers, but problems started after I had to remove and reinstall my printers.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this?
Hi and welcome to sevenforums.

the best place to start would be for you to tell us all abt your computer, etc. we can help more quickly if we have more info.

waiting for info

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jun 2009   #3

Windows 7
 
 

Hmm, not sure what info you need. It is an Intel 2.66 GHz machine with 4 gigs of RAM.

Something else I forgot to add - Windows is bundling all of my printers under one icon. If I select to customize, etc then I get a drop-down with my installed printers. So basically all I need to know is how do I get them all to display as seperate icons?

I have uninstalled all my printers and added them one at a time, but the same happens again. It shows my first printer, then when I add, a little clock appears on the icon and it then replaces the name with my latest installed printer. Very wierd...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


29 Jun 2009   #4

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 
printer prob

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LadyAth View Post
Hmm, not sure what info you need. It is an Intel 2.66 GHz machine with 4 gigs of RAM.

Something else I forgot to add - Windows is bundling all of my printers under one icon. If I select to customize, etc then I get a drop-down with my installed printers. So basically all I need to know is how do I get them all to display as seperate icons?

I have uninstalled all my printers and added them one at a time, but the same happens again. It shows my first printer, then when I add, a little clock appears on the icon and it then replaces the name with my latest installed printer. Very wierd...
sorry was multi tasking
was this a clean install of win 7 or an upgrade?
are the printers wired or wireless?
Do they use ip?
Sorry for the questions just trying to get a handle on your exact situation

Kenn
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jul 2009   #5

Windows 7
 
 

Sorry for only replying now, been a little busy RL

All pinters are USB connected on a clean Windows 7 install. It seems like Windows 7 is grouping all the printers as one item instead of displaying them individually.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jul 2009   #6

Windows 7
 
 

I am having the same problem on a clean install.
Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers is completely empty and pissing me off, royally!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jul 2009   #7

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

did you right click the folder>properties, previous versions?

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jul 2009   #8

Windows 7
 
 

Can't right-click anything, it's a big white square box.
I suspect a registry cleaner might have done it, but now I have to fix it.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
did you right click the folder>properties, previous versions?

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jul 2009   #9

Windows 7
 
 

In services, I disabled / enabled bluetooth support and everything suddenly appeared.

It appears to be a confirmed bug of some kind. Ridiculous. It's ok, now. Somebody in another forum found it by accident ... when he was beating his fists on the keyboard and cursing B Gates. I

I had 4 printers installed and working, not a one of them was showing up, previously.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jan 2010   #10

windows 7
 
 
Please don't give up.

The bluetooth solution is all over the internet but it doesn't fix mine either. I've tried the re-register ie8 files solution too and that doesn't work. I've also tried to delete all printer mounts from the registry. I've noticed that if you let it search too long it won't let you close the window without ending task on it. If you stop early it closes fine. Nothing I do will let me see that window. I have RC1.

Please post if you solve this. I also would prefer not to reinstall.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Installed printers not displayed in Devices & Printers




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Installed printers not displayed in Devices & Printers
Thread Forum
Solved No printers visible in Control Panel > Devices and Printers Hardware & Devices
Solved Printers not showing up in Devices and Printers Hardware & Devices
Unable to remove printers(printers come back after restart) Hardware & Devices
Devices and Printers Hardware & Devices
"Devices and Printers" window grouping / hiding printers Hardware & Devices
Let's see your Devices & Printers Chillout Room
No devices or printers showing in Device and printers General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:52 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33