|11 Mar 2011||#1|
| || |
BDDVD-RW not working properly
Hello to everyone,
I have an HP Pavilion dv7 laptop, Windows 7 Home Premium, recently installed sp1.
The problem I have is with my dvd-rw drive (blu-ray drive
hp BDDVDRW CT21L) . It suddenly stopped reading dvds (cd s are ok), and overall burning.
The strange thing is the following behaviors:
1. It reads Cd's but doesnt burn them (hangs at finishing process)
2. It reads data dvd but recognizes them as blanks.
3. It reads dvds with UDF file system (originals) but not the ones I made previously on the same machine or with the external drive.
4. All other CDFS dvds are all either recognized as blanks or not at all.
5. Blank DVD-R's are not recognized and if they get recognized, burning stops when its finishing the process. I tried one dual layer dvd, it picked up but on burning it failed again at the finishing process.
6. Every time I put in a DVD (of those it wont recognize) the light on the drive blinks for a long time, the drive spins for a while and then stops.
I also have an external DVD-RW (Samsung) that works fine, so I assume that it must be a hardware issue, since driverwise they use common files and services.
Just not sure. it bugs me that its reads some dvds and doesnt even recognize or burn blanks.
Any ideas would be highly appeciated.
Thanks in advance
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: BDDVD-RW not working properly|
|Sounds not working properly||Sound & Audio|
|How to get licence from old HD that is not working properly||Windows Updates & Activation|
|CD Rom not working properly||Hardware & Devices|
|usb ports not working properly||Hardware & Devices|
|Aero not working properly||General Discussion|
|No GUI boot not working properly||BSOD Help and Support|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 PM.