Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Chassis Fan Control

12 Apr 2011   #1
Un4GiVeN78

MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 
Chassis Fan Control

Hello, I bought a new rear case fan (CoolerMaster 120mm Blue Led), The problem that it is always running @ max RPM all the time, Can i control its speed? to make it 1000 RPM or less.. There's a screenshot of my BIOS (Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P), Is there anyway to control this fan speed? Thank you in Advance.




Attached Thumbnails
-smartfancontrol.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
12 Apr 2011   #2
Wallonn7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Hi ...
If you have knowledge of electronics - or know someone who has - you can make use of a resistor. Otherwise, you can use SpeedFan, but since the fan is connected to the motherboard. Remember to use 3 to 4 pin adapter and plug it in where shown below.
Hope it helps!



Attached Thumbnails
-capturar.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Apr 2011   #3
fimble

windows 7 ultimate
 
 

You could always manually drop your fans voltage to 7v or possibly even 5v. I'd expect in your case this would bugger up your LED display though.
Good article describing the methods at Hardware Secrets
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 Apr 2011   #4
Shootist

Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Un4GiVeN78 View Post
Hello, I bought a new rear case fan (CoolerMaster 120mm Blue Led), The problem that it is always running @ max RPM all the time, Can i control its speed? to make it 1000 RPM or less.. There's a screenshot of my BIOS (Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P), Is there anyway to control this fan speed? Thank you in Advance.
Is there any other option below System Smart Fan Control?
Or if it is set to manual, off Auto, does another option show underneath that control.

On my Asus board there is Enable/Disable for CPU and system fans. Set to disable ther is not other options displayed. If set to Enable another box appears that has other options.
Those options are Standard/Turbo/Silent.

Or on you board if you highlight that Auto setting and hit the enter key what other option are available.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Apr 2011   #5
Un4GiVeN78

MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wallonn7 View Post
Hi ...
If you have knowledge of electronics - or know someone who has - you can make use of a resistor. Otherwise, you can use SpeedFan, but since the fan is connected to the motherboard. Remember to use 3 to 4 pin adapter and plug it in where shown below.
Hope it helps!


I'm afraid i don't have a very good knowledge of electronics so i got an adapter that came with the fan.. just like this pic
I'll try the SpeedFan software it may work.
Thank you


Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Apr 2011   #6
Un4GiVeN78

MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fimble View Post
You could always manually drop your fans voltage to 7v or possibly even 5v. I'd expect in your case this would bugger up your LED display though.
Good article describing the methods at Hardware Secrets
Thank you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Apr 2011   #7
Un4GiVeN78

MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Shootist View Post
Is there any other option below System Smart Fan Control?
Or if it is set to manual, off Auto, does another option show underneath that control.

On my Asus board there is Enable/Disable for CPU and system fans. Set to disable ther is not other options displayed. If set to Enable another box appears that has other options.
Those options are Standard/Turbo/Silent.

Or on you board if you highlight that Auto setting and hit the enter key what other option are available.
There's no other options about Fans except the ones in the screenshot i sent, Nothing happens if i select " Disabled " or " Enabled " on System Smart Fan Control,
In fact i suspect having any fan control on my BIOS maybe by software or another way.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Apr 2011   #8
Un4GiVeN78

MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wallonn7 View Post
Hi ...
If you have knowledge of electronics - or know someone who has - you can make use of a resistor. Otherwise, you can use SpeedFan, but since the fan is connected to the motherboard. Remember to use 3 to 4 pin adapter and plug it in where shown below.
Hope it helps!

I tried to lower the percentage to 50% but it is not working and lower fan speed from the config. and still not working(look at the pic).


Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Apr 2011   #9
Shootist

Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

They sell fan speed controllers and fans with speed control knobs.
Newegg.com - Fan speed control

Newegg.com - ZALMAN FAN MATE 2 Fan Controller
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Apr 2011   #10
Un4GiVeN78

MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Shootist View Post
They sell fan speed controllers and fans with speed control knobs.
Newegg.com - Fan speed control

Newegg.com - ZALMAN FAN MATE 2 Fan Controller
Ohh, It's good. Thank you
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Chassis Fan Control




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Where can I buy new laptop chassis?
I can't find anywhere I can get a new laptop chassis. My current laptop chassis is damaged and has several issues with the ports and my computer manufacturer can't help me and even if I could ship the computer to them they'd want to be paid in full for everything. I live in China so it makes...
Hardware & Devices
cpu chassis fan configuration. which is correct?
Hi, this is the my cpu cooling setup. Please tell me if its right. http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/6307/dsc0043vd.jpg http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/9067/dsc0046hxn.jpg
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
chassis fan starts when waking up
I have a Dell Vostro 200 that has a loud chassis fan. When I wake-up the operating system by moving the mouse, either Windows 7 or Windows Vista, the chassis fan will usually start. This doesn't make sense because the machine should be cooler while sleeping so it should not need more cooling at...
Hardware & Devices
Where to buy a level 10 chassis ?
Iv'e been trolling through www land,for a couple ov days now looking for a level 10 chassis,But so far all I can find are the new GT models,are they still available?If so can any body point me in the right direction ov where I might find one.Looking at most gaming chassis out there,none really...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
NZXT Phantom Chassis HELP!
Hi all, I've been searching the tinterweb high and low for most of the day and I cannot for the life of me find an answer to what I would estimate is a simplistic question. I'm getting a NZXT Phantom :drool: Sorry about the drooling... Well it comes with two 200mm x 30mm fans although,...
Hardware & Devices
new chassis fan
:D......my ''92x38mm Vantec Tornado'' has just arrived from the states, its time to fit this UBER LOUD beast to my CPU H/S http://www.excaliberpc.com/images/resources/550289/3adefb88fc8743ffa037744dd1f684ea.jpg 110CFM @ 55db :cry:....lets see how loud it actually is....lol
Hardware & Devices


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App