Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: vga to rca cable

14 Apr 2011   #1
game01

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
vga to rca cable

can i use vga to rca cable connect mine pc(old pc) vga to tv?
is that 100% work?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
14 Apr 2011   #2
mickey megabyte

ultimate 64 sp1
 
 

it should do.

although without knowing your tv's resolution, the desktop image may appear blurry - should be ok for playing back films though.

are you asking because you are afraid of buying a cable and wasting your money? or have you already got a cable and worried it might 'blow something up'?

to be on the safe side, make sure both tv and computer are powered off before connecting leads - sometimes you can get little sparks if the machines are on.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Apr 2011   #3
game01

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mickey megabyte View Post
it should do.

although without knowing your tv's resolution, the desktop image may appear blurry - should be ok for playing back films though.

are you asking because you are afraid of buying a cable and wasting your money? or have you already got a cable and worried it might 'blow something up'?

to be on the safe side, make sure both tv and computer are powered off before connecting leads - sometimes you can get little sparks if the machines are on.
i am asking because the people who selling says that is for cctv but dont know its work for pc to tv

the cable is like this


Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

14 Apr 2011   #4
mickey megabyte

ultimate 64 sp1
 
 

thanks for the photo - it helps a lot.

it looks ok to me - so long as your tv has the right inputs. there'll probably be a menu sonewhere on your tv where you can select the input.

note that it will only connect the picture - you'll need another adapter for the sound.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Apr 2011   #5
game01

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mickey megabyte View Post
thanks for the photo - it helps a lot.

it looks ok to me - so long as your tv has the right inputs. there'll probably be a menu sonewhere on your tv where you can select the input.

note that it will only connect the picture - you'll need another adapter for the sound.
but i wan ask why the seller say only use for cctv?
he say the probability can use for pc to tv is low
ps the cable is same as picture
what adapter i need to use for the sound?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Apr 2011   #6
stormy13
Microsoft MVP

Win 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

That adapter as the seller said won't work. For starters it is configured for audio as well as video, and unless you have a video card with a VGA port configured the same (highly doubtful) then it is a no go.

Would help top know the make and model of your video card. Make it easier to tell you if what you are looking to do is even possible with it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Apr 2011   #7
mickey megabyte

ultimate 64 sp1
 
 

personally, i've used such leads in the past with success to display stuff from an old laptop to a tv - but if the guy in the shop says it won't work, then listen to his (refreshingly honest) advice.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Apr 2011   #8
game01

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mickey megabyte View Post
personally, i've used such leads in the past with success to display stuff from an old laptop to a tv - but if the guy in the shop says it won't work, then listen to his (refreshingly honest) advice.
then how about the sound?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Apr 2011   #9
mickey megabyte

ultimate 64 sp1
 
 

you'll need a cable going from your soundcard output to your tv sound input.

different tv's have different inputs, so i don't know exactly what you will need - a lot is possible if you've got the right adaptor.

what exactly are you trying to achieve here? maybe we can suggest alternatives?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Apr 2011   #10
game01

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mickey megabyte View Post
you'll need a cable going from your soundcard output to your tv sound input.

different tv's have different inputs, so i don't know exactly what you will need - a lot is possible if you've got the right adaptor.

what exactly are you trying to achieve here? maybe we can suggest alternatives?
i wan watch movie using tv because mine and mine monitor too small
mine tv about 40 inch but video input only got s-video plug and rca plug
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 vga to rca cable




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Which is VCC and GND in this USB cable?
I am trying to create cooler pad for my laptop. I have 3 5Volt fans. I pulled out two usb cables from old keyboard and a mouse. Things are different here. I heard it would be Red, White, Green, Black will be inside. But what I got from both is this. I see no black. but a blue one. Its from...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Difference between Audio Cable and Aux Cable
Hello I have a quick question! what is the difference between Audio Cable and Aux Cable? Is there any difference in sound quality or in Left Right Channel Sound? I'm asking because I recently bought Edifier C2 2.1ch Sound System for my PC that has an External Amplifier that has Aux Input as well....
Sound & Audio
Will this cable work to extend coaxial cable for cable box?
Getting a new TV and placing it in a different spot than where the old TV is and I realized the coaxial cable coming from the wall isn't going to reach the new location for cable box's "Cable IN" connection. Can I use this as an extension? It looks right to me but I just want to be sure.
Chillout Room
Digital Cable Advisor fails, can't install cable card. . . why?
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/83/cableadvisor.png Uploaded with ImageShack.us http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/4821/playreadfail.png Uploaded with ImageShack.us HD Radeon 6870 Graphics card
Media Center
Network Cable Unplugged error: cable is plugged in
Hello, Since last night, my LAN connection has been giving me the error "Network cable unplugged." I have tried swapping the cable with another, swapping the ports on the router, restarting the router, power cycling the router, turning off the router and my computer and then turning them back...
Network & Sharing
Network cable unplugged message when using ethernet cable
Hi, I have a brand new Dell Precision Workstation with Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. I have not been able to connect to networks or the internet. It does not recognize that it is plugged into the network/internet via an ethernet cable. The computer has a Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Ethernet adapter...
Network & Sharing


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:49.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App