Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Cooler Master SATA power cables

23 Apr 2011   #1

Windows 7 64-bit Professional SP1
 
 
Cooler Master SATA power cables

I'm curious if there are any places around the internet where I can buy some Cooler Master SATA power cables? I went to Cooler Master's site, and although it's $4 if I remember correctly, it was about $20 in total to bring it here to Calgary. Kind of expensive, I was looking for something cheaper.

I guess when I had my system built, the store forgot to give me the power supply box. They told me it didn't come with a box, which most power supplies do come in one with all the accessories.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Apr 2011   #2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 X64 (Windows 8.1, Linux Mint, Windows XP and others in VM)
 
 

From looking at your system specs it says that you have a Corsair PSU and a Cooler Master Case. So, I'm going to assume you are talking about the accessory box for the case. I believe you can go to their web site and do an online chat. Just tell them you bought one of their cases that was missing the accessory box and ask them if they could send you one. You may get lucky. But, be aware that Cooler Master is not known for quick customer service.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Apr 2011   #3

Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

How about running down to your local PC/electronic store and buying them.
Cheaper in the long run.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


23 Apr 2011   #4

Windows 7 64-bit Professional SP1
 
 

They do sell Cooler Master power supplies at the store where I bought it, but not the SATA power cable for their modular power supplies. I'll phone them up and see what I can do.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Apr 2011   #5

Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by magnetite View Post
They do sell Cooler Master power supplies at the store where I bought it, but not the SATA power cable for their modular power supplies. I'll phone them up and see what I can do.
Sorry I thought your were talking about SATA data cables.
You mean the full line of cables didn't come with the PSU.
I just bought a Antec Earthwatts 750 PSU and it came with more cables then I'll ever use
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Apr 2011   #6

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 X64 (Windows 8.1, Linux Mint, Windows XP and others in VM)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Shootist View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by magnetite View Post
They do sell Cooler Master power supplies at the store where I bought it, but not the SATA power cable for their modular power supplies. I'll phone them up and see what I can do.
Sorry I thought your were talking about SATA data cables.
You mean the full line of cables didn't come with the PSU.
I just bought a Antec Earthwatts 750 PSU and it came with more cables then I'll ever use
Same with my Corsair. But all of the cables usually come together. What are you using for periphial and PCIe cables? The sata cables should have come bundled with those cables. I've never bought a modular PSU that all of the cables didn't come in one bunch.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Apr 2011   #7

Windows 7 64-bit Professional SP1
 
 

I did phone up the place I bought the computer from and they said they couldn't find any power supply box.

CM Store

That is the power supply cable. Now normally it's $3.99, however, when you add up the shipping, it's around $18 or so. Most places I've shopped at online, the shipping is usually cheaper than the item itself.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Apr 2011   #8

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 X64 (Windows 8.1, Linux Mint, Windows XP and others in VM)
 
 

I guess the point I tried to make is that the cables come with the power supply, not in an extra accessory box. If you have any of the cables you should have received them all. I don't know which version of the PSU you bought, but here is a link to a CM 850W modular PSU. Click on the details tab and it will show you what cables come with the PSU.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Apr 2011   #9

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by magnetite View Post
I'm curious if there are any places around the internet where I can buy some Cooler Master SATA power cables? I went to Cooler Master's site, and although it's $4 if I remember correctly, it was about $20 in total to bring it here to Calgary. Kind of expensive, I was looking for something cheaper.

I guess when I had my system built, the store forgot to give me the power supply box. They told me it didn't come with a box, which most power supplies do come in one with all the accessories.
I wonder if you bought an item that was returned and whoever returned it, didn't include that cable. Usually companies are pretty good at including all the cables, but sometimes they do miss things. It's kinda important to check all your accessories when you buy something.

You'd think that they'll ship it out to you at the lowest rate possible, or for free considering how much business they do.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Apr 2011   #10

Windows 7 64-bit Professional SP1
 
 

Hmm, so if it did come in a box, and the place where I had my computer built said they couldn't find a box that my power supply came in then, I should probably contact Cooler Master or my local shop. Either that say to them, you didn't give me a box, so somehow they could just find one and give me the missing cables. If that's even possible. We'll see, I'll have to ask them.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Cooler Master SATA power cables




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Cooler Master SATA power cables
Thread Forum
Cooler Masterís HAF X PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Cooler Master GX 550W Hardware & Devices
Cooler Master Storm Notebook Cooler SF-19 USB2.0 Short Circuit? Hardware & Devices
Solved Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Cooler Hardware & Devices
Cooler Master HAF X RC-942 PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Cooler Master Fans Hardware & Devices
Cooler Master hyper 212 plus? Hardware & Devices

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33