Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: 2 hard drives


12 May 2011   #1

windows 7 pro
 
 
2 hard drives

on sata drive everisting is ok,on sata dvd rw ok,i have asus m2n,i have one ide disk,wd 80gb..win 7 is allready installed on sata drive...i dont know whats wrong,if i connect ide disk wd ,in bios listing is veeeery slow,it regognize disk and smart satus is ok,but i jaust cant boot normaly,dont know what to do ,i 99%% disk is ok,i need instruction on jumpers,cable,and how to install disk f*** drive..

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 May 2011   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Hello


Everything about WD Jumpers; How to physically install, set jumper settings, and set up a Serial ATA, EIDE, or SSD drive in Windows 7, Vista, XP, and 2000

The IDE disc needs to be set as slave

I hope this sorts the problem out

Edit you may find this helpfull; http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...same-time.html
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 May 2011   #3

windows 7 pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pooch View Post
Hello


Everything about WD Jumpers; How to physically install, set jumper settings, and set up a Serial ATA, EIDE, or SSD drive in Windows 7, Vista, XP, and 2000

The IDE disc needs to be set as slave

I hope this sorts the problem out

Edit you may find this helpfull; UD7 - can I run SATA and IDE drives at the same time?
no help good,i booted pc for 4 -5 minutes..wd 80 gb is set to slave.finaly booted ..now i just formated trough my computer/right click formate default.disk recognized ....why my boot takes f.....7 min! ....motherboar asus m2n....please tell me ,disk is 100% 0ok,cables too....whats wrong....


Attached Thumbnails
2 hard drives-post.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


12 May 2011   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

The edit was also no help?
If you remove the IDE drive does your PC boot quicker?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 May 2011   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

You might also try cable select jumper setting on ide drive, did you do a clean install w/ Windows 7 or an upgrade.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 May 2011   #6

windows 7 pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 1Bowtie View Post
You might also try cable select jumper setting on ide drive, did you do a clean install w/ Windows 7 or an upgrade.
without ide boots perfectly,i cant? put cable select,i ripeed of the end of the ribon cable,(with the blac plastic)if thats the name,so i soppose it must be slave,the gray playstic...,(the first one,i only have 1 ata cable)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 May 2011   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by neverall View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 1Bowtie View Post
You might also try cable select jumper setting on ide drive, did you do a clean install w/ Windows 7 or an upgrade.
without ide boots perfectly,i cant? put cable select,i ripeed of the end of the ribon cable,(with the blac plastic)if thats the name,so i soppose it must be slave,the gray playstic...,(the first one,i only have 1 ata cable)
If the cable is damaged you will have to replace it this might well be the cause of your problem
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 May 2011   #8

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

I'm not fully understanding your last post, are you plugging the ide drive into the end of the cable or the middle?? if it's the end of the cable that's the primary, if the middle that's the slave. You might also go into bios and check the boot order and make sure your SATA hdd if first boot.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 May 2011   #9

windows 7 pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 1Bowtie View Post
I'm not fully understanding your last post, are you plugging the ide drive into the end of the cable or the middle?? if it's the end of the cable that's the primary, if the middle that's the slave. You might also go into bios and check the boot order and make sure your SATA hdd if first boot.
ok,ireplaced cable,as said onto disk label it need 40pin as it is,last was i think 80,i think its the same for the purpose of work....it copies files very fast ,but boot still 5- min...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 May 2011   #10

windows 7 pro
 
 

it bots from sata drive...not solved..any help?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 2 hard drives




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: 2 hard drives
Thread Forum
new hard drives- 2 drives, and what to do with old drive? Hardware & Devices
A Virtual Hard Drive? Two separate hard drives now run Win 7 x64 Backup and Restore
2 different Hard Drives??? Hardware & Devices
What do you all do with your old hard drives? Chillout Room
Hard drives and what to do next Hardware & Devices
Hard Drives Hardware & Devices
Hard Drives and 7 Hardware & Devices

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33