Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: would a TV tuner allow me to watch 3D TV on my Laptop?

28 May 2011   #1
BomberAF

Windows 7
 
 
would a TV tuner allow me to watch 3D TV on my Laptop?

If I was to buy a laptop with a screen and video card capable of playing 3D films etc, would a TV tuner allow me to watch the football of Sky on my laptop or are TV tuners not capable of that?

Regards

AF


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
28 May 2011   #2
richnrockville

Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BomberAF View Post
If I was to buy a laptop with a screen and video card capable of playing 3D films etc, would a TV tuner allow me to watch the football of Sky on my laptop or are TV tuners not capable of that?

Regards

AF
I guess it depends on which laptop and video card you purchased. I don't believe I have seen any 3d laptops advertized lately. What make and model were you looking at?

so my guess is the it would be a lot cheaper for you to buy a 3D tv.

Rich
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 May 2011   #3
BomberAF

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by richnrockville View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BomberAF View Post
If I was to buy a laptop with a screen and video card capable of playing 3D films etc, would a TV tuner allow me to watch the football of Sky on my laptop or are TV tuners not capable of that?

Regards

AF
I guess it depends on which laptop and video card you purchased. I don't believe I have seen any 3d laptops advertized lately. What make and model were you looking at?

so my guess is the it would be a lot cheaper for you to buy a 3D tv.

Rich
Dell currently sell laptops with 3D capable screens, with video cards capable of 3D with 16Gb of RAM also.

The reason I was asking was to save me the effort of buying a TV as well.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 May 2011   #4
TVeblen

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium SP1
 
 

Post #2 in this thread asked the question that immediately popped into my head, and answers yours, somewhat: 3d tv?

Now what would that "special software" be?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 May 2011   #5
BomberAF

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TVeblen View Post
Post #2 in this thread asked the question that immediately popped into my head, and answers yours, somewhat: 3d tv?

Now what would that "special software" be?
It would be sorted by the video card wouldn't it, but I do see the potential problem there though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 May 2011   #6
TVeblen

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium SP1
 
 

Maybe that is what the poster meant. The graphics driver package is "software" isn't it? As long as the graphics card is 3D capable and the graphics driver can do the math it should work in theory.

Sounds like a fun experiment.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 would a TV tuner allow me to watch 3D TV on my Laptop?




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Dual Tuner for a Laptop?
Hey guys, I've built a MCE recently and really dig it, so I'm thinking of building a second one. I happen to have a MSI EX625 laptop sitting around that should fit the bill perfectly, but doesn't have a TV tuner. Anyone know a decent dual tuner that I can use with a laptop? Would need to...
Media Center
Dual TV Tuner cards or 2 STB boxes and 1 tuner card
Hello, I have MCE7 and windows 7. I have a Pinnacle 800i TV tuner card which receives QAM. Everything works great, but I wanted to get the option to watch a channel while recording another. I was hoping to downgrade my DVR to just a standard box if I can record my shows on my PC. Do I need to...
Media Center
How can I watch LIVE TV on my laptop ?
Is there a way where I can stream LIVE TV on my laptop ? Are there any websites or subscriptions ? Also, with Windows Media Center, what equipment is required in order to watch LIVE Television anywhere ? Thanks JordanJP
Chillout Room
A must watch!!!
Hi all.......;) i came across this earlier & i thought i just had to spread it for those who are yet to see it... its a depiction of WW2 in Ukraine ''with sand'', its absolutely EPIC!!! the woman went on to win $135,000,00 she's got serious talent.... see what you think..?? :D
Chillout Room
dvd to laptop in what format to watch on tv
hello i have just bought a laptop with a HDMI connection and i want to put some of my movie dvd`s to it to play on my t.v. and i know avi files will probably work,but when i try wondershare video converter it takes about 2 hrs,does anyone know of a better program to use and would my t.v. recognze...
Music, Pictures & Video
watch tv without tuner card?
The title says it all, is this possible? I dont mean record n stuff, I got hypercam for dat. Just watch TV. Or I will settle for on demand. Thx in advance :)
Media Center


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:22.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App