|05 Jun 2011||#1|
| || |
Issue with Photoshop and Sai lagging *SOMEONE HELP PLZ*
Okay, my friend has a Toshiba laptop with Windows 7 operating system.
She has a Bamboo Fun Tablet(white & blue) and photoshop elements 6(which came with the tablet), she also has PaintTool Sai, Flash and a few other programs.
Her running system as of recently has been restored back to recovery and she had to reinstall most everything she had. She's not sure what it was restored to(as far as 64 bit or 32 bit) but photoshop, sai and flash were working perfectly fine and then about a month ago the programs began to lag severely with the tablet. I helped her to install the driver software updates, which is what fixed my tablet's lagging issues, but instead it made MSPaint lag as well as the others! It wouldn't even register half of the MSPaint screen, but upon removing the driver it fixed the MSPaint thing.
As for Photoshop it lags horribly(ten times worse than blur does when you try to blur too fast) and it all looks horrible but it still has pressure sensitivity.
PaintTool Sai's pressure sensitivity on the normal layers work but it lags, and on the lineart layer it doesn't have pressure sensitivity and it lags.
Flash's sensitivity seems to work just fine and it does not lag,
does anyone know what could be the problem?
Her software and hardware are up to date and work wonderfully, its extremely fast so it shouldn't be lagging this bad if at all, can anyone help?
Thanks in advance,
|My System Specs|
|29 Dec 2011||#2|
| || |
Huh. I'm no tech expert, but a few things come to mind.
FYI: I'm on a Mac, so my instuctions (should I provide any) are mac specific. But you can probably fill in the gaps to match her PC laptop
1) The problems between PS and SAI are mutual as you've stated, and they are both drawing programs (I think), so look into that. They both use bitmap canvas', so look into bitmap canvas errors/issues and the like.
2) She probably has a memory leak, meaning some superfluous function is running in the background whilst those programs are running, ergo raping the RAM and how fast the canvas can update
3) The tablet isn't an issue I would assume, because it's merely an input device; the mouse would probably yield the same results as the tablet
4) Find out if it's in 64 bit or 32 bit. Really important. I believe 64 bit can run more, and is faster than 32 bit.
5) In the case that she restored it to 32 bit, try the following if you haven't already: Find the photoshop icon (I found mine in my Applications folder), right click it, and in the dropdown menu, select "get info (or something similar)," and find the checkbox/radio button that makes PS open in 32 BIT.
Like I said, I am no tech expert. In fact, I barely know anything about computers (funny, because I'm a programmer.) I also noticed that this post is about six months old, so I don't know if you've resolved the issue or not. Anyway, hope this helps :/
You could also just try restalling everything, some files might have just gotten corrupted or something.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Issue with Photoshop and Sai lagging *SOMEONE HELP PLZ*|
|Lagging cursor issue||General Discussion|
|Heavy lagging issue.||General Discussion|
|Mouse Issue - lagging||Gaming|
|Photoshop Elements 8 Installation Issue||Software|
|Default Programs Issue with Photoshop (.psd) Files||Software|
|Photoshop CS4 Redrawing Issue||Software|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56 PM.