Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Usb device not recognized error

26 Jun 2011   #1
borgqueenx

Windows Seven
 
 
Usb device not recognized error

I have a laser projector, and i control it with my windows seven notebook by usb.
Problem is, sometimes by a static shock of other devices or by other causes i do not know of, the notebook suddenly refuses to work with the usb drive anymore and the projector freezes.

but here is the part i want to solve. after replugging the usb drive windows says that the usb device is not regonised.... after plugging out and waiting 2 minutes and then replug makes it work again...if i do it sooner then usally it still shits about the device not being regonised.

is there a way to fix this?

thanks.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

26 Jun 2011   #2
MvdB

Windows 7 64b Ultimate
 
 

That depends on what the real cause is... Sometimes immediately removing that specific usb connection in your Devices settings can be faster. But not a nice solution.

What makes you think static shock has something to do with causing the problem? Are you sure it is not a powersaving issue on your system? That would be the most logical reason. Or a devicedriver conflict?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jun 2011   #3
borgqueenx

Windows Seven
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MvdB View Post
That depends on what the real cause is... Sometimes immediately removing that specific usb connection in your Devices settings can be faster. But not a nice solution.

What makes you think static shock has something to do with causing the problem? Are you sure it is not a powersaving issue on your system? That would be the most logical reason. Or a devicedriver conflict?
all powersaving functions are off but it could be windows is so selfish it still has some power saving shit online.

static shock because i have a fog machine wich draws alot of watts, and the button to turn it on is with the ground cable.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


26 Jun 2011   #4
MvdB

Windows 7 64b Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by borgqueenx View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MvdB View Post
That depends on what the real cause is... Sometimes immediately removing that specific usb connection in your Devices settings can be faster. But not a nice solution.

What makes you think static shock has something to do with causing the problem? Are you sure it is not a powersaving issue on your system? That would be the most logical reason. Or a devicedriver conflict?
all powersaving functions are off but it could be windows is so selfish it still has some power saving shit online.

static shock because i have a fog machine wich draws alot of watts, and the button to turn it on is with the ground cable.
Is that fog machine connected to the notebook?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jun 2011   #5
karlsnooks

MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
 
 

A solution that sometimes works:

Buy an external externally powered USB hub. In other the words, the usb hub has a separate source of power and does not use the laptop for power.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jun 2011   #6
borgqueenx

Windows Seven
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MvdB View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by borgqueenx View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MvdB View Post
That depends on what the real cause is... Sometimes immediately removing that specific usb connection in your Devices settings can be faster. But not a nice solution.

What makes you think static shock has something to do with causing the problem? Are you sure it is not a powersaving issue on your system? That would be the most logical reason. Or a devicedriver conflict?
all powersaving functions are off but it could be windows is so selfish it still has some power saving shit online.

static shock because i have a fog machine wich draws alot of watts, and the button to turn it on is with the ground cable.
Is that fog machine connected to the notebook?
no. to another outlet. and it doesnt matter if its in desame fuse box or not.

im purchased a external powered usb hub online. in the mean time is there more i can try?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2011   #7
MvdB

Windows 7 64b Ultimate
 
 

Well, maybe....? What triggered me is that you say "the projector freezes". Could you be a bit more specific on what exactly happens? As I understand it, you use a usb device that controls it. What is that exactly? Do you have a wireless device which, wirelessly connected to a usb receiver on your notebook, helps you stand and go through presentations on a beamer? If that is the case (or something like it) are you sure exactly what freezes? A projector normally never does. But it could be:
  • A Powerpoint-like presentation that froze
  • the usb device itself froze
  • the whole notebook froze
  • etc

For example: have you tried going on with the presentation using the keyboard on the notebook?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2011   #8
borgqueenx

Windows Seven
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MvdB View Post
Well, maybe....? What triggered me is that you say "the projector freezes". Could you be a bit more specific on what exactly happens? As I understand it, you use a usb device that controls it. What is that exactly? Do you have a wireless device which, wirelessly connected to a usb receiver on your notebook, helps you stand and go through presentations on a beamer? If that is the case (or something like it) are you sure exactly what freezes? A projector normally never does. But it could be:
  • A Powerpoint-like presentation that froze
  • the usb device itself froze
  • the whole notebook froze
  • etc

For example: have you tried going on with the presentation using the keyboard on the notebook?
its a laser projector. for lasershows. not for powerpoint.
the device just freezes. i think its because windows is not sending anything through the usb port anymore.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2011   #9
MvdB

Windows 7 64b Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by borgqueenx View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MvdB View Post
Well, maybe....? What triggered me is that you say "the projector freezes". Could you be a bit more specific on what exactly happens? As I understand it, you use a usb device that controls it. What is that exactly? Do you have a wireless device which, wirelessly connected to a usb receiver on your notebook, helps you stand and go through presentations on a beamer? If that is the case (or something like it) are you sure exactly what freezes? A projector normally never does. But it could be:
  • A Powerpoint-like presentation that froze
  • the usb device itself froze
  • the whole notebook froze
  • etc

For example: have you tried going on with the presentation using the keyboard on the notebook?
its a laser projector. for lasershows. not for powerpoint.
the device just freezes. i think its because windows is not sending anything through the usb port anymore.

I understand that but what I'm trying to check is if windows itself is freezing up or if it's just the port....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jun 2011   #10
borgqueenx

Windows Seven
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MvdB View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by borgqueenx View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MvdB View Post
Well, maybe....? What triggered me is that you say "the projector freezes". Could you be a bit more specific on what exactly happens? As I understand it, you use a usb device that controls it. What is that exactly? Do you have a wireless device which, wirelessly connected to a usb receiver on your notebook, helps you stand and go through presentations on a beamer? If that is the case (or something like it) are you sure exactly what freezes? A projector normally never does. But it could be:
  • A Powerpoint-like presentation that froze
  • the usb device itself froze
  • the whole notebook froze
  • etc

For example: have you tried going on with the presentation using the keyboard on the notebook?
its a laser projector. for lasershows. not for powerpoint.
the device just freezes. i think its because windows is not sending anything through the usb port anymore.

I understand that but what I'm trying to check is if windows itself is freezing up or if it's just the port....
just the port...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Usb device not recognized error




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
USB device not recognized, cannot stop error message
Hello all, Sorry for the long chain of events. A USB port broke sometime in December 2012. The message "USB device not recognized" started randomly popping up from the taskbar. It stopped appearing after about two days but it has been coming back. Under computer management, I get the...
General Discussion
USB device not recognized every 5 sec
Hi! Suddenly started to get "USB device not recognized error". It occurs every 5 sec followed by "plugged" and "unplugged" sounds, just like u r trying to plug and then immediately unplug something. I found kinda workaround: unplug from the outlet, remove all the usb devices, wait a minute and then...
Drivers
USB Device Not Recognized
Hi, While working on my laptop yesterday evening, my mouse & external hdd stopped responding. On ejecting & re-inserting them both started getting this message 'USB Device Not Recognized'. Now none of my three USB ports are working. Though on cross checking, the devices are working on other...
Hardware & Devices
USG Device Not Recognized Error when HTC Inspire Phone plugged
Hello, I have tried everything I can without help to get my Windows 7 64 bit PC to reconize my HTC Inspire cell phone. What happens is when I plu it in to any USB port I get an pop up error "USG Device Not Recognized" and looking at my device manager/Serial Bus Controllers it says "Unknown Device"....
Drivers
USB device not recognized - but there is no usb device connected
It's recognized in device manager as "Unknown device". But I've not connected anything to pc. Also all of my usb ports are working at 1.1 speed. When I try to connect any device, I get the message "that it could work faster, if i connect it to hi-speed usb port". Any suggestions?
Hardware & Devices
USB device not recognized!!! PLZ HELP
i have a hp pavillion dv8301nr windows 7 (64bit) 7600 rtm, allthou this happens in every version, i have a amd turion 64 ml-34 processor, and phenix f.54 (latest) bios, and i can only suspect i have the latest chipset drivers, i installed them from hp site, if someone knows a place where i can get...
Drivers

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App