I've been having an issue with the xbox 360 wired controller since I built my new pc. When I plug it in via usb the device is not recognized by windows and no matter what I try it simply will not work.
Things I have tried:
- downloaded chipset drivers
- downloaded Software Downloads: Xbox 360 Controller for Windows
- tried the whole leaving the computer and all usb devices unplugged and off for a good few hours.
- ininstalled all the usb controllers and rebooted
- tried it in all usb ports, 3.0 and 2.0
- searching for hours on google
- tried enabling/disabling usb legacy support in the bios
- tried running microsoft fixit thing (whatever that is)
- tried updating the drivers manually through the device manager but windows insists that the device is up to date.
- tried uninstalling and removing ethernet cable to try and force me to choose drivers.
- windows is fully updated
- I even bought a new controller thinking the last one was broken.
The controller powers up when you plug it in, you can clearly see the green lights around the guide button flash but then nothing happens.
I am really am at my wits end here, help would be so very appreciated.