Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Need professional advice on these products

23 Aug 2011   #1
Core7

Window 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 

Hi there I am looking to upgrade my pc a bit not to much just a bit, please tell witch ram is best for gaming purpose mostly....

DDR3-1333 - Corsair DDR3-1333 4GB (2x2GB) XMS3 DHX Memory Module Kit : Sybaritic - South African Online Computer Store

or

DDR3-1333 - Mushkin DDR3-1333 4GB (2x2GB) Silverline Stiletto Memory Module Kit : Sybaritic - South African Online Computer Store

And then I want to buy this motherboard is this a good board or not?
Intel Socket 775 - Asus P5G41C-M LX IG41 Motherboard w/A8 + G + LK + SATA3 : Sybaritic - South African Online Computer Store

Let me just say the current board I have is a Gigabyte G31M-ES2C, only reason I want to buy this new board is because of ram I want faster and more ram

Thanks guys would really appreciate it.....


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
23 Aug 2011   #2
essenbe
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

As far as I know, the ram you listed are both good brands. I do not know about the motherboard. You should also check Asus web site for the QVL list to make sure the ram is compatible.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Aug 2011   #3
zsxd45

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Core7 View Post
Hi there I am looking to upgrade my pc a bit not to much just a bit, please tell witch ram is best for gaming purpose mostly....

DDR3-1333 - Corsair DDR3-1333 4GB (2x2GB) XMS3 DHX Memory Module Kit : Sybaritic - South African Online Computer Store

or

DDR3-1333 - Mushkin DDR3-1333 4GB (2x2GB) Silverline Stiletto Memory Module Kit : Sybaritic - South African Online Computer Store

And then I want to buy this motherboard is this a good board or not?
Intel Socket 775 - Asus P5G41C-M LX IG41 Motherboard w/A8 + G + LK + SATA3 : Sybaritic - South African Online Computer Store

Let me just say the current board I have is a Gigabyte G31M-ES2C, only reason I want to buy this new board is because of ram I want faster and more ram

Thanks guys would really appreciate it.....
Seems good to me! As essenbe said, check if that RAM is compatible with the motherboard.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Aug 2011   #4
bobkn

Windows 7 Pro X64 SP1
 
 

The QVL (qualified vendors list) is here:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P5G41C-M LX

It doesn't list any DDR3-1333 memory, though. That doesn't mean that it's incompatible; Asus may simply have not tested it.

Is there any reason you're looking at a motherboard with two DDR2 slots and two DDR3 slots? I hope that you're aware that you can't use DDR2 and DDR3 at the same time. In effect, you'll have two memory slots. (On the other hand, if you want a microATX board like the one you've listed, most of the Socket 775 ones seem to have only two DIMM slots. www.newegg.com lists a few full ATX boards with 4 slots, but Newegg doesn't ship to South Africa.)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Aug 2011   #5
Core7

Window 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bobkn View Post
The QVL (qualified vendors list) is here:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P5G41C-M LX

It doesn't list any DDR3-1333 memory, though. That doesn't mean that it's incompatible; Asus may simply have not tested it.

Is there any reason you're looking at a motherboard with two DDR2 slots and two DDR3 slots? I hope that you're aware that you can't use DDR2 and DDR3 at the same time. In effect, you'll have two memory slots. (On the other hand, if you want a microATX board like the one you've listed, most of the Socket 775 ones seem to have only two DIMM slots. www.newegg.com lists a few full ATX boards with 4 slots, but Newegg doesn't ship to South Africa.)
I have a board it only takes DDR2 and that ram is so exspensive I might as well buy a new board and faster RAM.....Memory Graphics
DDR3-1333 | DDR3-1066 | DDR2-1066 | DDR2-800 | DDR2-667 PCI Express | PCI
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Aug 2011   #6
Core7

Window 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 

I also have a question if I have windws 7 ultimate 32bit does is it any good if I have 4gig, does the games use the whole 4gig or what, becuase windows only use only 1gig or so?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Aug 2011   #7
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

I agree with Bobkn regarding a dual type mother board. You'd have a better system if you got a LGA775 board with 4 DDR3 slots, and that type RAM is getting very low priced.

Check the FSB (Front side bus) spec on your CPU to see the max speed of RAM it will support.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Aug 2011   #8
simmo

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Core7 View Post
I also have a question if I have windws 7 ultimate 32bit does is it any good if I have 4gig, does the games use the whole 4gig or what, becuase windows only use only 1gig or so?

Windows 32 bit of any variety XP/7 or whatever will only see 2gb...if you want to run 4gb you will need a 64 bit OS for it to be seen/utilised.

If you are buying a board that runs DDR2 and DDR3 you can only use one or the other not both. Both Corsair and Mushkin have good quality Ram tho personally I think Mushkin is the pick of the 2 and normally can be well and truly overclocked.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Aug 2011   #9
Zepher

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by simmo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Core7 View Post
I also have a question if I have windws 7 ultimate 32bit does is it any good if I have 4gig, does the games use the whole 4gig or what, becuase windows only use only 1gig or so?

Windows 32 bit of any variety XP/7 or whatever will only see 2gb...if you want to run 4gb you will need a 64 bit OS for it to be seen/utilised.

If you are buying a board that runs DDR2 and DDR3 you can only use one or the other not both. Both Corsair and Mushkin have good quality Ram tho personally I think Mushkin is the pick of the 2 and normally can be well and truly overclocked.
Are you stating a fact?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Aug 2011   #10
marsmimar

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zepher View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by simmo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Core7 View Post
I also have a question if I have windws 7 ultimate 32bit does is it any good if I have 4gig, does the games use the whole 4gig or what, becuase windows only use only 1gig or so?

Windows 32 bit of any variety XP/7 or whatever will only see 2gb...if you want to run 4gb you will need a 64 bit OS for it to be seen/utilised.

If you are buying a board that runs DDR2 and DDR3 you can only use one or the other not both. Both Corsair and Mushkin have good quality Ram tho personally I think Mushkin is the pick of the 2 and normally can be well and truly overclocked.
Are you stating a fact?
It's been my experience that a 32-bit system loaded with 4GB RAM will see about 3.25GB. This behavior is due to something called memory mapped IO reservations. Those reservations overlay the physical address space and mask out those physical addresses so that they cannot be used for working memory. This is independent of the OS running on the machine.

The highest address accessible in a 32-bit system is 2 raised to the 32nd power which equals 4GB. But of those 4GB's the system will reserve a portion of the memory for the BIOS, PCI bus, PCI express, etc. And that usually amounts to roughly 512MB - 1GB (plus or minus a few hundred MB) depending on the specific system.

Memory Limits for Windows Releases (Windows)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Need professional advice on these products




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
I Need to know if some Products ID are in our LVS
Hello all, First time here. I'll tell you the story. We have many computers across the country and we have the Product ID of each computer. There is a way to know if those installations were done with the Licence Volume System Keys? I Also would like to know how can I obtain information...
Windows Updates & Activation
Is It legitimate = SOPHOS PRODUCTS
Hi tech guys and gals. Has anyone come across Next-Gen Network Security: Firewall, Mobile, Web, Email, Endpoint Antivirus, Encryption, VPN, Server, Storage and Wireless Protection | sophos.com where all Sophos products are listed? Is this site security legitimate and reliable or not? Please don't...
System Security
How best to use Macrium products?
I've decided on using Macrium to clone my Vista 32-bit laptop to a new, larger drive Dell (Windows 7) 64-bit laptop. Can I use Macrium Standard for this? There's so much info about cloning via Macrium, some of it conflicting and confusing. And, as a newbie, I'm not sure about the answers to the...
Backup and Restore
Adobe Products
Does anybody besides me ever get pissed when this vendors products require updates? Flash has to ask 3 time if you want to update and when it is done. Can't wait until HTML5 kills this piece of $hit. The reader product should be a simple program to display PDFs. Right! Instead it is a huge...
Software
Error in Nuance Products
I only get these error when running these two programs. http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/2ed8d893ddefc3f90301413a51353b4b9c2c796fe71ea33973e2c81daacdc78c2g.jpg
Software
WPC 09, could this be the products?
Could this be the products? I think I know whats going to happen at WPC!!! | Tech Invaders
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App