Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Mouse Problem!!

25 Aug 2011   #1

Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1
 
 
Mouse Problem!!

Have a Logitech M180 wireless mouse and cant get it to work on 2 new mouse mats i bought,it works fine on a magazine i have placed on my desk,any ideas anybody?


Cheers

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Aug 2011   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

The only thing I can think of is that the laser is not reflecting properly there are mouse pads especially for laser mice
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Aug 2011   #3

Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pooch View Post
The only thing I can think of is that the laser is not reflecting properly there are mouse pads especially for laser mice

Had a Microsoft laser mouse and it worked fine and on the same type of mouse mat,has me puzzled!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


25 Aug 2011   #4

32bit: XP, Win7 H.P. / 64bit: 2008R2, Win7 Pro, Ultimate / Several flavors of Linux
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by moonbeep View Post
Have a Logitech M180 wireless mouse and cant get it to work on 2 new mouse mats i bought,it works fine on a magazine i have placed on my desk,any ideas anybody?


Cheers
Yup, been there. This is not unusual as the type of optical mouse WILL NOT work of the type of surface your pads have.

My Logitec mouse will not work on a couple pad types I purchased (very smooth/shiny like glass). I ended up getting a glass mat that is "frosted" and now the mouse works great!

Are your mats designed to work on either side? If so, is the "other" side different (more texture or pattern)?

Regards,
GEWB
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Aug 2011   #5

Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GEWB View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by moonbeep View Post
Have a Logitech M180 wireless mouse and cant get it to work on 2 new mouse mats i bought,it works fine on a magazine i have placed on my desk,any ideas anybody?


Cheers
Yup, been there. This is not unusual as the type of optical mouse WILL NOT work of the type of surface your pads have.

My Logitec mouse will not work on a couple pad types I purchased (very smooth/shiny like glass). I ended up getting a glass mat that is "frosted" and now the mouse works great!

Are your mats designed to work on either side? If so, is the "other" side different (more texture or pattern)?

Regards,
GEWB

Thanks

Works when i turn the mouse mat to the other side,but is sliding across the desk so will have to secure with some blutack!!!

Many Thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Aug 2011   #6

32bit: XP, Win7 H.P. / 64bit: 2008R2, Win7 Pro, Ultimate / Several flavors of Linux
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by moonbeep View Post

Thanks

Works when i turn the mouse mat to the other side,but is sliding across the desk so will have to secure with some blutack!!!

Many Thanks
Glad it worked out.

Check hardware stores for thin/low profile adhesive (self stick) "feet" or "bumpers" to control the sliding (check the cabinet hardware section).

Regards,
GEWB
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Mouse Problem!!





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Mouse Problem!!
Thread Forum
A Mouse problem Hardware & Devices
Solved Need Help with my Mouse Problem. Hardware & Devices
Solved Mouse Problem Hardware & Devices
Problem with my mouse Hardware & Devices
Mouse Problem Drivers
Mouse problem Hardware & Devices
Problem with USB Mouse. Hardware & Devices

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:40 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33