|01 Sep 2011||#1|
| || |
Tablet battery life- is there a software solution?
I'm in the market for a new tablet just with the following wish list-
6 hour+ battery life
...and thats about it.
I've had a chinese tablet in the past with windows 7(probably not a legit copy) and after tweeking and optimizing it, it could run like the wind with everything I threw at it.
Only issue was the battery, would last 2.5 hours max between charges, totally impractical.
80% i was using it to read ebooks/daily newspapers in work and generally browsing the web while sitting with my feet up watching tv. The other 20% of the time I'd be streaming tv or radio, the odd video call and some fiddling with work stuff in office. For most of what I needed it for, Android couldve done the job but there has been a few times where only a full on Windows 7 system could save the day, for me its a must.
So has anybody here got a tablet running windows that could last me a solid 6 plus hours?
If not, is there a software solution to stop power being destroyed? Would give me options.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Tablet battery life- is there a software solution?|
|Intel wants to micromanage tablet makers in the name of battery life||News|
|Battery life||Performance & Maintenance|
|battery life||Hardware & Devices|
|best battery to give longest battery life?||Hardware & Devices|
|battery life||Performance & Maintenance|
|Shorter Battery Life (futitsu laptop) - Do I need software ?||Performance & Maintenance|
|Battery Life||Hardware & Devices|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:47 PM.