I have an issue with Bluetooth that has me tearing my hair out. Sometime last year I bought a HP Laptop DV6 1218TX and Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 to use with it. I'm running Windows Ultimate 64 bit.
At first, the Bluetooth mouse worked absolutely fine and then suddenly, after a few months of problem-free usage, the mouse stopped working (in the middle of a game). I did everything I could think of but was unable to get it working again. I eventually gave up.
A few months ago I re-installed Window and Bluetooth worked fine. And then, a couple of days ago, it stopped working again and I find myself in exactly the same situation.
Windows reports that Bluetooth is functioning correctly, but when I go to 'Add New Device' it's unable to find anything.
These are the steps I have tried:
- tested the mouse on another computer - it worked fine.
- going into Bluetooth Settings\Options and ensuring that the boxes are checked to allow devices to find & connect to the computer
- removing the Bluetooth drivers
in Device Manager and rebooting - the drivers seem to re-install fine
- going into services.msc\Bluetooth Support Services and ensuring 'Startup' is set to 'Automatic'
- going into Device Manager\Bluetooth Radios\HP integrated Bluetooth module\Properties\Power Management and unchecking 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' - (interestingly, this did fix an issue where the mouse would occasionally and randomly stop working when the charger wasn't plugged in.)
Unfortunately I don't have any other Bluetooth devices so I'm unable to test whether this problem is specific to my mouse.
I really hope someone can help! When Bluetooth works, it's great. But this issue is infuriating me and I'm not sure what else I can try. Any help would be greatly appreciated!