Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Really useful gadget

10 Sep 2011   #11
pparks1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
Looks good ,but could'nt find anywhere to say what is the largest HDD supported, Many will only accept 250-500gb will this go higher ?
Well, 500GB of ISO files for system support is a TON...unless you plan to carry ISO files around for nearly all Linux distributions out there.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
10 Sep 2011   #12
pebbly

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pparks1 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
Looks good ,but could'nt find anywhere to say what is the largest HDD supported, Many will only accept 250-500gb will this go higher ?
Well, 500GB of ISO files for system support is a TON...unless you plan to carry ISO files around for nearly all Linux distributions out there.
Hi pparks, I just happen to have a spare 750gb lying around and thought of using that in one
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2011   #13
pparks1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
Hi pparks, I just happen to have a spare 750gb lying around and thought of using that in one
Well, if it handles 500GB drives...I'm pretty sure a 750GB wouldn't cause problems.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Sep 2011   #14
pebbly

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pparks1 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
Hi pparks, I just happen to have a spare 750gb lying around and thought of using that in one
Well, if it handles 500GB drives...I'm pretty sure a 750GB wouldn't cause problems.
But that is the question ,we do not even know if it will handle a 500gb
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2011   #15
jumanji

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit
 
 

Really nice gadget. Gets into my list. If you want to keep drooling till you buy one here is one nice review. Zalman ZM-VE200 External HDD Case + Virtual Drive
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2011   #16
HammerHead

win 7 X64 Ultimate SP1
 
 
Disk Capacity

If you can trust in this, it is a review from NewEggs page.

1) Unpacked the box and inserted a WD Scorpio Black 750GB 2.5" drive which I ordered from another online retailer (due to several reviews mentioning bad shipping and handling by newegg) exactly the same time. The drive was sitting waiting for the enclosure delivery. I plugged in the eSATA + USB cable to the drive and to my laptop's eSATA and USB ports. The drive was ready to use as soon as it was initialized and formatted

This has got my attention.

I wonder about a 2 1/2 ssd?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2011   #17
pebbly

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
If you can trust in this, it is a review from NewEggs page.

1) Unpacked the box and inserted a WD Scorpio Black 750GB 2.5" drive which I ordered from another online retailer (due to several reviews mentioning bad shipping and handling by newegg) exactly the same time. The drive was sitting waiting for the enclosure delivery. I plugged in the eSATA + USB cable to the drive and to my laptop's eSATA and USB ports. The drive was ready to use as soon as it was initialized and formatted

This has got my attention.

I wonder about a 2 1/2 ssd?
Thanks HammerHead that as answered my question
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2011   #18
jumanji

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
.....I wonder about a 2 1/2 ssd?
Will not work with SSDs according to an user review in Amazon.com
Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 2.5" Black Drive Enclosure
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2011   #19
HammerHead

win 7 X64 Ultimate SP1
 
 
New Drive

The only spare drives I have wouldn't work then, I would have to buy a new drive.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2011   #20
HammerHead

win 7 X64 Ultimate SP1
 
 
Hooked

I have disks stacked up with many tools that I use that I have burned. Every time I burn one a new ver comes out and I have to burn another.

I am thinking this is a good alternative. Ordered one from NewEgg $42.23 ($10.00 mail in $32.23) Had to buy a disk for it. WD Scorpio Black (wd5000bpkt) 16mb cache, 2.5" sata (3.0 Gbs). Drive set me back $69.00. So that set me back $101. I can't afford to read any more threads this eveing!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Really useful gadget




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
gadget
Gadget are not working in my Sony Vaio laptop. OS is Win7 HB(remain same from purchase). Gadget Gallary isnt open. how Can I repair this ??? can I get Any ONline Support ???? MODEL - SVE15116ENW !
Gadgets
Looking for a gadget
Just looking at the many different types of shortcuts on my desktop sometimes drives me to do anything to hide the desktop with a full screen window. I'm not sure if either I heard of it or seen it from somewhere, but does anyone know if there's a gadget that you can place on your desktop. I think...
Gadgets
Is there such gadget?
Hi, new to this forum and dunno exactly where to put this so....anyway.. im sure most of us here have played or know games such as star craft, defense of the ancients, and the like.. such games have this video of the character at the bottom which speaks from time to time..just like this one ...
Gadgets
Need Gadget [specific gadget]
Hi, Is there any1 who can find me the gadget for live temperature? I heard somewhere that a gadget named "Iq weather" shows the live temperature. I tried google for it but no result . Can any1 find me this gadget? thanks in advance. :) Best Regards
Gadgets
Hi, I'm looking for this gadget
http://www.sizzledcore.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/windows_7_2.jpg It's the upper gadget, where you see firefox and opera. It looks really nice en could make my desktop organised. Does anybody know where to find this, or even if this gagdet exist? Best regards, Cgstyle
Gadgets
RSS Gadget
Hey guys, Im after a good RSS gadget. Ive had a bit of a search around and couldn't find much. The default RSS gadget is sh!t in my opinion, plus I dont have IE installed because it's the DEVIL. So I cant use the default one. Any suggestions? Thanks
Gadgets


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:55.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App