Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Acer Laptop: Switchable Graphics using i7 & AMD Radeon

20 Aug 2012   #281
popeye1953

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by hellohaos View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by popeye1953 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ogwarsaw View Post
If ur asking me i dont know what my motherboard model is or how to find it, I have an acer 7750g-6662
I was asking hellohaos. Speccy will tell you what motherboard you have.

Speccy - Download

Free version works fine.
Hi
My motherboard info:

Motherboard
Manufacturer Acer
Model JE70_HR (CPU1)
Version V1.17
Chipset Vendor Intel
Chipset Model Sandy Bridge
Chipset Revision 09
Southbridge Vendor Intel
Southbridge Model HM65
Southbridge Revision B2
Exactly same as mine. Really strange why it doesn't work for you. I honestly have no clue why.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
25 Aug 2012   #282
OnL1N3

windows 7 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by popeye1953 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lak3rsFan View Post
Now I just need to know how to overlock this processor lol..

BTW: Popeye, noticed you have the same laptop as me, did you use the second HD bay? I wanna figure out how I can go about shaving the back part of the panel. Tried putting my SSD in there, but the parts of the panel that goes to the back of the laptop hit it .
I believe this is the panel but you may want to verify.

60.RB002.007 - Acer Laptop Miscellaneous Parts

I verified it is the correct cover here. Out of stock and more expensive than first link.

New Acer Aspire 7560 7560G 7750 7750G 7750Z Hard Drive Cover 2-Drives

Did you guys also order the left and right brackets? if you did, did they come with screws
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Oct 2012   #283
Otase

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

New Drivers for VGA are up, even for intel Chipset o_O beter check this all out.
http://support.acer.com/us/en/produc...1&modelId=3476

Guh never mind, only noticed later its for windows 8 -_____-;
Epic Fail Acer...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Jul 2013   #284
tugo

windows 7
 
 

hi guys same problem have it. which graphic driver can i install it ... orginal packard bell support amd and vga intel driver or and+intel util new version which one i cant do it first i can change my graphic mode high gpu or ect. but now i cant i think is for driver card. pls help me .thanx
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jul 2013   #285
search53

Win 7 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tugo View Post
hi guys same problem have it. which graphic driver can i install it ... orginal packard bell support amd and vga intel driver or and+intel util new version which one i cant do it first i can change my graphic mode high gpu or ect. but now i cant i think is for driver card. pls help me .thanx
When in doubt, always use the drivers that came with the computer.

(I suspect you meant Hewlett Packard since it's been about 10 years since I've seen a Packard Bell (no relation))
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Aug 2013   #286
tomwhatley

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread. It's helped get my 7750G-9657 6650M running great. Using the modded BOIS posted earlier in this thread, I was able to force the laptop to always use the 6650M.

Here's what I did (copied from an earlier post):
Download the Insyde -> A_A_7750_P5WE0117_UlkMenus_ByCamiloml.exe
From Bios Mods Tools; - [http://www.bios-mods.com/BIOS]
After flashing go into Bios settings and change the following:
Go into BIOS -> Advanced -> Video Configuration -> Pci Express Graphic -> Always Enable PEG [Enabled]
Go into BIOS -> Advanced -> Video Configuration -> Pci Express Graphic -> PowerXpress Setting [Muxed Fixed Scheme]
Restart

NOTE: My Bios had a different menu structure than what is posted above, but I was able to find both the settings that needed to be changed.

For what it's worth, I first installed the Leshcat UnifL drivers, however I'm not convinced they actually installed, and they certainly didn't improve performance. Driver Fusion wouldn't run and I never could do a full uninstall of the old AMD and Intel drivers. Both were still showing up in the Device Manager. I installed UnifL anyway, but there was no change in performance until I installed the modded bios.

So far the only game I've tested is Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon, and the difference is night and day. Before there were tons of weird graphic anomalies and large parts of the screen with some crazy shading and messed up rendering (no matter what settings I used in the game). It was playable, just not pretty. Now ... WOW, what a difference! All the textures are perfect and crisp; all the movement is smooth and quick.


Novabench GPU test before/after:

Intel (prior to mod): 70-80 fps
6650M (after mod): over 700 fps

Yup.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Aug 2013   #287
Otase

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tomwhatley View Post
Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread. It's helped get my 7750G-9657 6650M running great. Using the modded BOIS posted earlier in this thread, I was able to force the laptop to always use the 6650M.

Here's what I did (copied from an earlier post):
Download the Insyde -> A_A_7750_P5WE0117_UlkMenus_ByCamiloml.exe
From Bios Mods Tools; - [http://www.bios-mods.com/BIOS]
After flashing go into Bios settings and change the following:
Go into BIOS -> Advanced -> Video Configuration -> Pci Express Graphic -> Always Enable PEG [Enabled]
Go into BIOS -> Advanced -> Video Configuration -> Pci Express Graphic -> PowerXpress Setting [Muxed Fixed Scheme]
Restart

NOTE: My Bios had a different menu structure than what is posted above, but I was able to find both the settings that needed to be changed.

For what it's worth, I first installed the Leshcat UnifL drivers, however I'm not convinced they actually installed, and they certainly didn't improve performance. Driver Fusion wouldn't run and I never could do a full uninstall of the old AMD and Intel drivers. Both were still showing up in the Device Manager. I installed UnifL anyway, but there was no change in performance until I installed the modded bios.

So far the only game I've tested is Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon, and the difference is night and day. Before there were tons of weird graphic anomalies and large parts of the screen with some crazy shading and messed up rendering (no matter what settings I used in the game). It was playable, just not pretty. Now ... WOW, what a difference! All the textures are perfect and crisp; all the movement is smooth and quick.


Novabench GPU test before/after:

Intel (prior to mod): 70-80 fps
6650M (after mod): over 700 fps

Yup.
Can you tell which version of Unifl you used? also whats the best order to do things? like should i uninstall GPU driver first/ Update Bios/ Then install Unifl?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Aug 2013   #288
tomwhatley

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Otase View Post
Can you tell which version of Unifl you used? also whats the best order to do things? like should i uninstall GPU driver first/ Update Bios/ Then install Unifl?
Driver setup Filename: acer_GPU_MOD_drivers.exe
Driver version: Catalyst 13.4 WHQL UnifL v2

Bios setup name: A_A_7750_P5WE0117_UlkMenus_ByCamiloml.exe
Bios version: 1.17

I have confirmed that the drivers did install, despite the errors when I attempted to uninstall the brand name drivers.

Here's the order I did everything:

1. Launch "acer_GPU_MOD_drivers.exe" and install the "UnifL Configuration Tool" only (not the AMD drivers, yet).
2. Following the instructions here: UnifL Manual , I uninstalled the current GPU Drivers.
3. Install the AMD drivers.
4. Reboot. I ran Novabench to see if the drivers alone improved performance. They did not.
5. Launch "A_A_7750_P5WE0117_UlkMenus_ByCamiloml.exe"
6. Reboot, going into Bois to change two settings:

Advanced -> Video Configuration -> Pci Express Graphic -> Always Enable PEG [Enabled]
Advanced -> Video Configuration -> Pci Express Graphic -> PowerXpress Setting [Muxed Fixed Scheme]
Note: Those weren't the same location in my Bois, but it was easy to figure out.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Aug 2013   #289
Otase

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tomwhatley View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Otase View Post
Can you tell which version of Unifl you used? also whats the best order to do things? like should i uninstall GPU driver first/ Update Bios/ Then install Unifl?
Driver setup Filename: acer_GPU_MOD_drivers.exe
Driver version: Catalyst 13.4 WHQL UnifL v2

Bios setup name: A_A_7750_P5WE0117_UlkMenus_ByCamiloml.exe
Bios version: 1.17

I have confirmed that the drivers did install, despite the errors when I attempted to uninstall the brand name drivers.

Here's the order I did everything:

1. Launch "acer_GPU_MOD_drivers.exe" and install the "UnifL Configuration Tool" only (not the AMD drivers, yet).
2. Following the instructions here: UnifL Manual , I uninstalled the current GPU Drivers.
3. Install the AMD drivers.
4. Reboot. I ran Novabench to see if the drivers alone improved performance. They did not.
5. Launch "A_A_7750_P5WE0117_UlkMenus_ByCamiloml.exe"
6. Reboot, going into Bois to change two settings:

Advanced -> Video Configuration -> Pci Express Graphic -> Always Enable PEG [Enabled]
Advanced -> Video Configuration -> Pci Express Graphic -> PowerXpress Setting [Muxed Fixed Scheme]
Note: Those weren't the same location in my Bois, but it was easy to figure out.
You will be surprised with what i did, i had original bios 1.21 from Acer:
1. all i did was an express unninstall of the original GPU driver i had from Acer
2. installed Unifl Catalyst 13.4 WHQL UnifL v2 (choosen option Modern, ver. 9.17.10.3062 for my Intel HD 3000, dont know difference between 2932 & 3062)
3. Reboot, i could now use dedicated Radeon HD 6650M on older online game called PSOBB with major boost performance and no more lags there.

The only thing im not pleased is when the Catalyst Control Center is loaded:
Intel Core i5-2430M no longer goes idle as it should be, checked with core temp:
while doing nothing the CPU Watt power minimum goes 3.1 instead of 2.6 Watts
(this means it goes around 38C iddle instead of 31C iddle) wonder what i can do about that.

Other than that everything is working much better than before.
(dont know about that acer_GPU_MOD_drivers.exe either)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Acer Laptop: Switchable Graphics using i7 & AMD Radeon




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Switchable graphics on HP dv6t laptop not working
Nevermind, turns out my dGPU was somehow disabled in Device Manager. Though if this occurs again and it's not disabled in device manager I'll refer back to this thread for helpProblem came back (previously I thought it was stuck on the iGPU, but just a problem with Device Manager) My laptop is...
Graphic Cards
I need AMD Radeon HD 8650G + 8670M switchable graphics driver for 7
My laptop is the HP Pavilion-17-e049wm APU is A10-5750m. I cant get windows to say anything other than "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" I have tried evry driver i can. HP AMD evrything. I think it all boils down to switchable graphics. What do i do. I NEEED that driver.
Drivers
Updating graphics drivers on switchable graphics
HP DV6 6121tx AMD HD6770M Windows 7 64bit I just reinstalled Windows and I want to update my graphics drivers to the latest ones (13.1). I'm runnning Dynamic mode. So at first I installed the latest HP provided AMD Display drivers from HP's website AMD High-Definition Graphics Driver HP...
Graphic Cards
Windows 7 - Dell Laptop: Switchable Graphics using i7 & AMD Radeon
Hi to all dear members :) I have read this topic : (all of 29 pages ! ) http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/185993-acer-laptop-switchable-graphics-using-i7-amd-radeon.html I have the same problem too :( But my laptop is dell - inspiron 5520
Hardware & Devices
Laptop w switchable graphics BSODing semi frequently, any help?
Windows 7 Home Premium x64 OEM HP dv6190us, about 10 months old. Have not reinstalled OS. The problem may be related to the switchable graphics, the laptop can switch between the AMD 6770M and the integrated chip. Also, following the crash, the computer can't start up normally. To...
BSOD Help and Support
Disable ATI radeon switchable graphics or use Intel HD by default
Hi, my laptop is overheating and wasting power because it is always running my ATI Radeon mobility graphics card. I have switchable graphics, and I want the computer to ALWAYS start up using Intel HD graphics. I cannot find ANY settings to make Intel HD the default graphics card. I have tried...
Graphic Cards


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App