I've had my trusty Logitech MX-1000 for about 4 years now, it's never given me any trouble and I've just bought a new battery for it, but I think it's about time to get a little upgrade... So any suggestions would be awesome.
Because I lost the use of my left arm in a bike accident a few years back, there are a few very important requirements though... I play more FPS games than any others, so here are a few must-haves:
- Must have a tilting scroll wheel that is easy to get to: I use this to strafe in FPS games.
- Must have at least 10 buttons: used for almost everything except moving forwards and backwards, I have a keyboard on the floor for that.
- Must be a decent size (palm-grip style mouse): I need to still be able to hold the mouse while I use all the buttons.
- Must have profiles: many games don't allow me to use certain keys, and I'm getting tired of changing the mouse button functions every time.
- Preferably wireless: I'm so used to wireless now that having a fixed cable just seems weird, and I prefer the heavier mice, which tend to be the wireless ones anyway...
- Price: no more than R1000 (approx $125 USD), but hopefully closer to the R700/R800 mark ($90/$100).
It's a bit difficult to find a list of mice with tilting scroll wheels.. I know virtually all of Logitech's mice have, while none of Razer's mice do, but there may be others that I don't even know about. Currently I'm looking at getting one of these two:
- Logitech G700 (13 buttons, hyper-scroll wheel)
- Roccat Kone+ (12 buttons, 22 functions with Shift+ key)
Or are there any others that would be worth looking at..?