I wonder if this is a compatibility issue or not. Please help.
I just got the HD3650 1GB AGP card and tried to install it onto my windows 7 box of a pentium 4 with 2 GB memory, SP1. I encounted tons of problem. I did the installation according to the instructions on the CD that came with the package. During the installaion, no error messages were displayed.
The problems are
1. After re-booting the computer, it indicated that no AMD driver
was installed or the AMD driver was not functioning. I was urged to install the appropriate driver again. I updated the driver by downloading it from your website, but it did not help. The same message came up after re-booting. Every time when I turned on my computer, I got the same message.
2. In the Computer/Porperty/Device Manager/Display Adapter/General, it displayed "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problem, code 43.
3. In the driver tab, it displayed the driver version 8.850.0.0, the newest vesion.
4. In the resurce tab, it indicated that this device did not use any resource because it has a problem.
5. Could not performed color calibration because windows could not determined it monitor was mirrored. I did not happened with my previous card.
6 Could not install my monitor driver. Iis a Samsung Monitor. Never happened before.
7. Could not get 1680x1050 resolution.
8. When I played a game, it indicateds " Hardware acceleration is either disable or not supported by your video card driver. It was on.
If I could not get these problems resolved, I have to return this card which is not a low-end card.