Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Disc is write protected


05 Aug 2009   #1

Windows 7
 
 
Disc is write protected

Well my windows 7 is in Russian language but when i try to erase data from my DVD RW disc is says something like "Disc is write protected".Well i used to use it before few times.All worked really well but suddenly it all stopped to work.I really need to erase this disc but i can't.Please help.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Aug 2009   #2

 

Are you trying to delete the data? If so, what program did you use before?

Or are you trying to erase the entire disc? If so, try giving ISO Recorder v3 or some burning software a try to erase the disc.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Aug 2009   #3

Windows® 8 Pro (64-bit)
 
 

If you just want to delete the data on the disk so that no one else can use it, simply break the disk in 2 pieces. Otherwise, as said by Johngalt, you can use some burning softwares like Nero. Download link: Download Nero Free 9.4.12.3 - FileHippo.com
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


07 Aug 2009   #4

 

I am pretty sure he wants to reuse the disc - If the data is sensitive and it needs to be destroyed, I am sure (well, pretty sure) that he would already have thought about destruction of the disc....

And ISO Recorder is very lite on resources and works well - although I have yet to try out the free Nero, and I am a Nero fan of the past, I'd pick ImgBurn over Nero right now....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Aug 2009   #5

XP_Pro, W7_7201, W7RC.vhd, SciLinux5.3, Fedora12, Fedora9_2x, OpenSolaris_09-06
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RobiX View Post
Well my windows 7 is in Russian language but when i try to erase data from my DVD RW disc is says something like "Disc is write protected".Well i used to use it before few times.All worked really well but suddenly it all stopped to work.I really need to erase this disc but i can't.Please help.
I just happened to have Windows 7 DVD-RW in the beast.

Explorer, Rclk, has a "Format" option - is this what's not working?
(Never did this in English_7, so don't know if it ever worked.)
I clicked 'Format', and he's 'ready to go", but I canceled it.
(Got a good 7 burn on the RW disk.)

I use ImgBurn, but only to write 'full' .iso, til finished.
Surely, there must be some option to erase.

Hey!!! I ain't got no ImgBurn on my Windows 7 Ultimate!!!
Gotta go fix that.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Aug 2009   #6

Windows 7
 
 

All software what i tryed gives me same error.Like somthing wrong with DVD.And i can't format my dvd.When i try to do it it says what dvd is secured bla bla.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Aug 2009   #7

 
 

If i'm thinking back correctly, if you place a RW DVD in the drive, you can right-click the drive (in 'Computer') and there should be something in the properties (normally advanced) regarding write-protection.

I normally use Nero which has read/write protection options for RW disks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Aug 2009   #8

XP_Pro, W7_7201, W7RC.vhd, SciLinux5.3, Fedora12, Fedora9_2x, OpenSolaris_09-06
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Orbital Shark View Post
If i'm thinking back correctly, if you place a RW DVD in the drive, you can right-click the drive (in 'Computer') and there should be something in the properties (normally advanced) regarding write-protection.

I normally use Nero which has read/write protection options for RW disks.
Nope, nutthin there (Admin mode), except "Format", same as Explorer....

Maybe he'll post more about what software he tried, or be a little more

definitive about the "bla bla" part of the error messages...

He should be able to burn a "Garbage-iso" to the platter -- The sw has to

erase before the burn....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Aug 2009   #9

Windows 7
 
 

Ok here is error message. http://filebox.me/files/jv2aeqxyk_error.jpg

Like you can see in pic it says what the disc is write protected.It dosn't matter what kind of software i use it always says what the disc in drive is full.It ejects it and waits for another one.The DVD by itself is in normal condition.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Aug 2009   #10

XP_Pro, W7_7201, W7RC.vhd, SciLinux5.3, Fedora12, Fedora9_2x, OpenSolaris_09-06
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RobiX View Post
Ok here is error message. http://filebox.me/files/jv2aeqxyk_error.jpg

Like you can see in pic it says what the disc is write protected.It dosn't matter what kind of software i use it always says what the disc in drive is full.It ejects it and waits for another one.The DVD by itself is in normal condition.
DL ImgBurn and see what he does.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Disc is write protected




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Disc is write protected
Thread Forum
USB write protected? Hardware & Devices
HDD is write protected Installation & Setup
The media is write protected. General Discussion
Media is Write Protected Hardware & Devices
HDD write protected Hardware & Devices
Solved Media Write Protected Software
Slave HDD Write Protected Hardware & Devices

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33