Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Having problems with my hardware

15 Nov 2011   #1
Problems

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 
Having problems with my hardware

Hi all,i have a problem with my hardware,my friend installed win 7 ultimate on my laptop.Everything is fine i got all the drivers etc.. but one thing is not right,there are 2 hard disks,one is "Local Disk(C)" and the other one Acer(D). In the "Local Disk(C)" is only 13,9gb space and in the other "Acer(D)" 451gb. So the problem is that i cant downoald anything cuz everything i want to download goes to (C) but there are no free space and i dont know how to make it that everything would go to (D) Disk If you know how to help me please comment,Thanks


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 Nov 2011   #2
koolkat77

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit
 
 

Just copy paste it in the (D) Disk. Or create more partitions
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Nov 2011   #3
Problems

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 

What exactly should i copy?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


15 Nov 2011   #4
koolkat77

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit
 
 

the files/programs etc. that you download in your (C) Disk
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Nov 2011   #5
Corazon

Windows 7 Professional SP1 32-bit
 
 

Is the C: drive the one that Windows is installed on? If yes, 13.9GB is very little space and you may want to shrink the D: partition and extend the C: partition down the road.

But for now, I assume that you're talking about downloading files with Internet Explorer - have you tried rightclicking on the download link and selecting "Save As"?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Nov 2011   #6
Problems

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 

Yes, In a C: is windows.Can you explain how i can 'Give' space(GB's) from D: to C:, is that possible? And for i example i want say: I use Vuze for torrents and i want to download a game and i click "open with Vuze" but when torrent is in Vuze it says "INSUFFICIENT DISK SPACE" ..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Nov 2011   #7
seavixen32

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Problems View Post
Hi all,i have a problem with my hardware,my friend installed win 7 ultimate on my laptop.Everything is fine i got all the drivers etc.. but one thing is not right,there are 2 hard disks,one is "Local Disk(C)" and the other one Acer(D). In the "Local Disk(C)" is only 13,9gb space and in the other "Acer(D)" 451gb. So the problem is that i cant downoald anything cuz everything i want to download goes to (C) but there are no free space and i dont know how to make it that everything would go to (D) Disk If you know how to help me please comment,Thanks
What's happened is that your friend has installed Windows to your laptop's recovery partition.

What I would advise you do now is shrink your D drive from the left, and then extend your C drive to take up the result unallocated space.

This tutorial shows you how: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/93322-partition-wizard-use-bootable-cd-3.html

Shrinking and extending by 100GB should be ample for Windows 7 and your applications.

Your best bet is to download the Partition Wizard ISO and burn it to a blank disc then boot into it to partition your drive.

When you've done that you can exit the program and boot back into Windows.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Nov 2011   #8
Problems

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seavixen32 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Problems View Post
Hi all,i have a problem with my hardware,my friend installed win 7 ultimate on my laptop.Everything is fine i got all the drivers etc.. but one thing is not right,there are 2 hard disks,one is "Local Disk(C)" and the other one Acer(D). In the "Local Disk(C)" is only 13,9gb space and in the other "Acer(D)" 451gb. So the problem is that i cant downoald anything cuz everything i want to download goes to (C) but there are no free space and i dont know how to make it that everything would go to (D) Disk If you know how to help me please comment,Thanks
What's happened is that your friend has installed Windows to your laptop's recovery partition.

What I would advise you do now is shrink your D drive from the left, and then extend your C drive to take up the result unallocated space.

This tutorial shows you how: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/93322-partition-wizard-use-bootable-cd-3.html

Shrinking and extending by 100GB should be ample for Windows 7 and your applications.

Your best bet is to download the Partition Wizard ISO and burn it to a blank disc then boot into it to partition your drive.

When you've done that you can exit the program and boot back into Windows.
Ok i will do how you say thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Nov 2011   #9
Corazon

Windows 7 Professional SP1 32-bit
 
 

seavixen got you covered (I really keep being late today LOL), but just wanted to add - you can configure your Vuze client to download to the D: drive by default. Then you should be all set.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Nov 2011   #10
seavixen32

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Corazon View Post
seavixen got you covered (I really keep being late today LOL), but just wanted to add - you can configure your Vuze client to download to the D: drive by default. Then you should be all set.
Better late than never.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Having problems with my hardware




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
GUI lag problems. hardware issue maybe?
For the last few week i have been getting terrible lag when opening programs, manipulating files around, and opening context menus. Sometimes it takes up to a minute to open the start menu. I'm using a fresh install if windows 7 pro 64bit and am not receiving any errors in the event viewer. Any...
Performance & Maintenance
Sysprep problems - New Hardware
Here's the deal: I built a new system completely from the bottom up, but wanted to keep my old hard drive with Windows 7 on it. I started out using sysprep with some problems (windows media network was still on, and such things) I straightened all that out, and fully completed the sysprep. After I...
Hardware & Devices
Wireless Hardware Problems
Hello again, I am currently trying to fix a friends laptop, the details of which are attachjed. It's running Win7 Home Premium 32-bit. I cannot get the wireless card to show in the network connections. It also doesn't show in the device manager that I can find. I have tried uninstalling the...
Hardware & Devices
PC Hardware Problems
About a week ago my PC was infected with 101 pieces of spyware. I removed them all and it still didn't seem to help so I reinstalled Windows 7 on my HP laptop. Now, I am noticing different things going on - the CD drive will only read certain disks but yet it can burn contents to a disk and read...
Hardware & Devices
Hardware problems??!?!
Hi guys, I have no clue about computers but there is a problem with it and it is driving me nuts. I have a toshiba windows 7 intel core i3 laptop. So basically whenever I leave the computer unattended it turns black for most computers right? Well basically I can't turn it back on after. You can...
General Discussion
new hardware problems
here's the run down of what i have done: i built the computer (sig) and installed windows 7 64, adjusted the ram timings to set my RAM to their correct speeds and everything was running fine (in games and web browsing) for a couple of days. I then gently overclocked my video card and cpu and...
Hardware & Devices

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:18.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App