Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Memory problem, I think

23 Nov 2011   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 
Memory problem, I think

I have been posting on here my memory benchmarks and everything was fine until today, I left my pc running for a bit while I went to do some chores and came back to a blue screen telling me the pfn_list corrupt. I ran the memory diagnostics tool and can't open the or find the log of what it found, but in the event manager I got th is

Fault bucket 2591704860, type 5
Event Name: MemDiagV1
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0
Problem signature:
P1: 4097
P2: Manual
P3: Immediate
P4: Fail
P5: Standard
P6: 91
P7: 80
P8: 330
P9:
P10:
Attached files:
C:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\MemDiag\MemDiag.bin
These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\NonCritical_4097_381b8817762e341326fc158162428c3c 51d7f4a_137d6160
Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: e18fe13b-1609-11e1-b064-bcaec576ecdb
Report Status: 0

I just bought this memory this year so I need to know if it went bad, thanks

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Nov 2011   #2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 X64 (Windows 8.1, Linux Mint, Windows XP in VM)
 
 

The results of your test should be in C:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\MemDiag\MemDiag.bin. I would suggest you run memtest86, and run it to where you check not only the ram but the dimm slots. It is a long testing process but the linked tutorial will explain in detail how the test should be run. You may also want to read this tutorial in posting in the crashes and debugging section of the forums. The tests will give them the information to help resolve your issues. The dump files can be located in C:/windows/minidump. Copy and paste the contents of that folder somewhere easy to get to. Right click them and select send to compressed folder and upload that with the other tests using the paperclip icon in the reply window.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Nov 2011   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
The results of your test should be in C:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\MemDiag\MemDiag.bin. I would suggest you run memtest86, and run it to where you check not only the ram but the dimm slots. It is a long testing process but the linked tutorial will explain in detail how the test should be run. You may also want to read this tutorial in posting in the crashes and debugging section of the forums. The tests will give them the information to help resolve your issues. The dump files can be located in C:/windows/minidump. Copy and paste the contents of that folder somewhere easy to get to. Right click them and select send to compressed folder and upload that with the other tests using the paperclip icon in the reply window.
Okay I will run Memtest86 tonight overnight and see what it tells me. I don't know if this was any help but I went back into the bios and changed 2 RAM settings and ran the memory diagnostics tool and it didn't have the hardware problem listed anymore, it said everything was fine. About the minidump, I did look in there and I have no files under that. Could that be because I have some services disabled?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


23 Nov 2011   #4

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 X64 (Windows 8.1, Linux Mint, Windows XP in VM)
 
 

Here is a tutorial on how to enable windows to create dump files. Yes, you may have changed some settings that affected that. I hope this helps. I would suggest if you are overclocking to set everything to default, and set the ram to manufacturers specs. You need to make sure your system is stable at stock before any overclock.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Nov 2011   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Here is a tutorial on how to enable windows to create dump files. Yes, you may have changed some settings that affected that. I hope this helps. I would suggest if you are overclocking to set everything to default, and set the ram to manufacturers specs. You need to make sure your system is stable at stock before any overclock.

I tried setting to stock and it worked with the 4 gigs of RAM but when I added 4 more it wouldn't work, it kept starting, shut down, start, shut down, etc. It would never boot up.

Oh mine was set to kernel memory so I set it to small dump. Should I do a complete memory dump or will the small be okay?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Nov 2011   #6

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 X64 (Windows 8.1, Linux Mint, Windows XP in VM)
 
 

Is all the ram the same manufacturer, same voltage, timings and frequency?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Nov 2011   #7

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 X64 (Windows 8.1, Linux Mint, Windows XP in VM)
 
 

If you don't have it download CPUz and post screenshots of the memory and SPD tabs please.

EDIT: see if your memory dump of the BSOD is here: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\NonCritical_4097_381b8817762e341326fc158162428c3c 51d7f4a_137d6160
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Nov 2011   #8

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Is all the ram the same manufacturer, same voltage, timings and frequency?
yes it is
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Nov 2011   #9

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
If you don't have it download CPUz and post screenshots of the memory and SPD tabs please.

EDIT: see if your memory dump of the BSOD is here: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\NonCritical_4097_381b8817762e341326fc158162428c3c 51d7f4a_137d6160
yeah I did find that but it's a .wer file and it won't open

I had the 7 changed to a 6 and the 24 to 21. Stock is 7-8-7-24
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Nov 2011   #10

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 X64 (Windows 8.1, Linux Mint, Windows XP in VM)
 
 

Let me see if I can get some help. We may be able to find some info from that file.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Memory problem, I think





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Memory problem, I think
Thread Forum
memory problem Performance & Maintenance
problem with Memory Hardware & Devices
Seven x64 memory problem Hardware & Devices
problem with the memory General Discussion
Memory problem Hardware & Devices
Memory Problem Hardware & Devices
Memory Problem General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33