Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Notebook not recognizing internal Bluetooth device


25 Nov 2011   #1

Windows 7 Profesional 32 bit
 
 
Notebook not recognizing internal Bluetooth device

Well first of all i have a dell Vostro 3400 with Windows 7 Pro 32 bit. The problem is that i have had Bluetooth since always and worked perfectly, but yesterday I tried using it after sometime to conect my cellphone and i couldn't, i went to see inside the bluetooth what the problem was and the program just don't start. Its weird the bluetooth doesn't appear on the device manager at all, so i thought that maybe the driver got somehow uninstalled or it needed to reinstall, so i downloaded it and tried to reinstall it and an error came out claiming that i do not have a Bluetooth device and i couldnt install it. Also i think its important to point that the Bluetooth light above the keyboard is on.
The bluetooth is a Broadcom - Dell Wireless 365 Bluetooth, well thank you anyways

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Nov 2011   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Krauser View Post
Well first of all i have a dell Vostro 3400 with Windows 7 Pro 32 bit. The problem is that i have had Bluetooth since always and worked perfectly, but yesterday I tried using it after sometime to conect my cellphone and i couldn't, i went to see inside the bluetooth what the problem was and the program just don't start. Its weird the bluetooth doesn't appear on the device manager at all, so i thought that maybe the driver got somehow uninstalled or it needed to reinstall, so i downloaded it and tried to reinstall it and an error came out claiming that i do not have a Bluetooth device and i couldnt install it. Also i think its important to point that the Bluetooth light above the keyboard is on.
The bluetooth is a Broadcom - Dell Wireless 365 Bluetooth, well thank you anyways

Please go to start>search>type device manager. (for Win 7 and Vista)

Are there any "unknown devices" with yellow triangles on them?

Is you driver there , listed, and working?

If your driver is missing, or there is a yellow triangle on it, you will need to update it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Nov 2011   #3

Windows 7 Profesional 32 bit
 
 

Well the Bluetooth driver isn't there, the only "unknown device" is inside the USB controlers, but i think it got nothing to do with it. Its really weird because i've used it a plenty of times before and worked fine and i haven't done any changes on it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


25 Nov 2011   #4

Windows 7 Profesional 32 bit
 
 

I also tried going to "Services" throught the control panel and the Bluetooth Service appears to be initiated, but inside it properities, in the Dependency tab doesn't appear any component above the service.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Nov 2011   #5

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Krauser View Post
Well the Bluetooth driver isn't there, the only "unknown device" is inside the USB controlers, but i think it got nothing to do with it. Its really weird because i've used it a plenty of times before and worked fine and i haven't done any changes on it
Like anything else things break. Have you tried UN-installing then re-installing the BT software?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Nov 2011   #6

Windows 7 Profesional 32 bit
 
 

I actually did try that, downloaded the software for my Tag from dell webpage, but when im going to reinstall it an error appears saying: "No internal bluetooth detected. Please make sure that your bluetooth is conected to the notebook" or something like that
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Nov 2011   #7

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Krauser View Post
I actually did try that, downloaded the software for my Tag from dell webpage, but when im going to reinstall it an error appears saying: "No internal bluetooth detected. Please make sure that your bluetooth is conected to the notebook" or something like that
If the driver is installed and working is there a key combo to turn it on like wifi ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Nov 2011   #8

Windows 7 Profesional 32 bit
 
 

Well the driver is installed, but not really working. I think the Bluetooth in this dell turns on with the Wi Fi switch doing as a "Network Switch", but the light above the keyboard shows the bluetooth as working, and if i turn the switch off and on the light turns off and on
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Nov 2011   #9

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Krauser View Post
Well the driver is installed, but not really working. I think the Bluetooth in this dell turns on with the Wi Fi switch doing as a "Network Switch", but the light above the keyboard shows the bluetooth as working, and if i turn the switch off and on the light turns off and on

"Well the driver is installed, but not really working."?? in what way is it installed, and in what way isnt it working?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Nov 2011   #10

Windows 7 Profesional 32 bit
 
 

I know it sounds weird, but i used the bluetooth last time kind of a month ago and i remember installing the driver and not having any problems. When i try to open the bluetooth software it doesnt open and inside the device manager doesnt appear on the network adapters list any unknown devices
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Notebook not recognizing internal Bluetooth device




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Notebook not recognizing internal Bluetooth device
Thread Forum
Bluetooth driver load but no Bluetooth device Drivers
Windows 7 not recognizing usb device Hardware & Devices
Internal optical drive for notebook pc Hardware & Devices
Computer not recognizing speakers after installing USB3.0 internal hub Sound & Audio
Not recognizing device Hardware & Devices
Win 7 not recognizing internal mem card reader Drivers
Internal Notebook Microphone Drivers

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33