Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Noise from CPU while playing games

04 Dec 2011   #11
badger906

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, & Mac OS X 10.9.2
 
 

Ok you have a short. That's bad! You risk taking out one or more component if it shorts against the wrong thing.

You need to check that all plugs are securly in place, and check that non of the bundled or hiden cables you have are faulty/touching metal.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
04 Dec 2011   #12
Wishmaster

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

There very well may be a short, or cable/plug loose somewhere causing noise.



But.. the PC just restarts?
Does this happen often?

Do you get a BlueScreen or error message of any kind?
If the computer just shuts down on its own, and there are no error messages of any kind, it could also be a power issue.


Might be dealing with a failing Power Supply too, getting noisy under load then failing.

Unless i missed something in a previous post.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Dec 2011   #13
visionthing

Windows 7 home premium 64bit
 
 

My bios has an option to shut down the pc and restart if the case is opened- I have no idea why it has this option but I just set it to disabled. Doesn't explain the noise though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

04 Dec 2011   #14
Wishmaster

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by visionthing View Post
My bios has an option to shut down the pc and restart if the case is opened- I have no idea why it has this option but I just set it to disabled. Doesn't explain the noise though.
Ah, OK.
Likely not a PSU issue then. The restart what got me thinking it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Dec 2011   #15
Mual

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit SP 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by badger906 View Post
Ok you have a short. That's bad! You risk taking out one or more component if it shorts against the wrong thing.

You need to check that all plugs are securly in place, and check that non of the bundled or hiden cables you have are faulty/touching metal.
I check everything and is okay, no loose or anything, not sure what happen...

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
There very well may be a short, or cable/plug loose somewhere causing noise.



But.. the PC just restarts?
Does this happen often?

Do you get a BlueScreen or error message of any kind?
If the computer just shuts down on its own, and there are no error messages of any kind, it could also be a power issue.


Might be dealing with a failing Power Supply too, getting noisy under load then failing.

Unless i missed something in a previous post.
Yes, the PC just keep on restart itself. I don't get BlueScreen, error message or any kind of other error. Probably current problem?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Dec 2011   #16
Wishmaster

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Its a possibility.

The easiest way to know for sure, is try swapping out with a known good PSU and see if the problem goes away.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Dec 2011   #17
Mual

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit SP 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
Its a possibility.

The easiest way to know for sure, is try swapping out with a known good PSU and see if the problem goes away.
The problem was solve already, don't know why, but everything is fine now...
Thanks for all the help...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Noise from CPU while playing games




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
PC Freezes and makes Buzzing Noise when Running Games
Hello, just recently joined the forums, yay! ;) I'll tell you about my problem, if anyone could help I would really appreciate it. My computer is from 2010 Custom made. It's been working like it should been for the last years while upgrading different parts for more demanding games....
General Discussion
High pitched noise only when playing games?
I've noticed a high pitched whining noise that sounds like it is coming from the power supply/GPU, both being less than a month old. The weird thing is, it only makes the noise when I am playing a game, for instance if I tab out, the noise will stop and if I tab in it will start again. I've mainly...
General Discussion
BSOD whilst playing various games. Also happens when not playing games
Hello all, I've been having a few problems with my laptop since I bought it. The problem mainly occurs when I'm playing a game (usually xcom: enemy unknown or deus ex HR at the moment) but has occurred when I'm browsing the internet (albeit far less often). The BSODs appear to be random but I'm...
BSOD Help and Support
New Geforce Gtx 660 Ti Have bad feedback noise when playing games
Hello I have have installed a new Geforce Gtx 660 Ti and now when i open CC or World of Warcraft I get really bad feedback noise but if I downsize it the sound goes away if I open Itunes I can faintly hear it but not as bad as the games (wow is the worst) . it does not matter if the sound is on or...
Graphic Cards
Win 7 random restarts & crackling noise then crash during games
I have been dealing with this problem for a long time but something gotta happen. The random restart happen well randomly during idle, game play, surfing the web or anything that has to do with the computer. One minute I'm enjoying myself and the next I see the Dell logo. No BSOD just loads back to...
BSOD Help and Support
Screeching noise when playing a 3D game
Hi, I recently upgraded the computer and everything is going fine BUT when I play a 3D game there is a screeching / squeeling noise coming from the PC, I dont know exactly where but I think its around the graphics card. So I upgraded the graphics card and the problem is still there as before,...
Hardware & Devices


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:21.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App