I had the same problem with a standard Logitech mouse on a USB port of an ASUS board with Windows 7 running.
This problem with USB mice seems to be very frequent, because I found many reports about that in many forums.
I tried all the software solutions poposed in these forums but to absolutely no avail. On the contrary, the mouse freezing for some seconds with the "USB device connect/disconnect" sounds happened more and more frequently.
Finally I found the very simple solution:
It is a simple hardware problem and had nothing to do with software:
The Logitech mice (and their various similarly constructed clones) have an extremely cheap cable connection. The relative thin and cheap cable has no antikink device at all. The only strain relief is an S-shaped channel through which the cable is lead into mouse case. Obviously the isolations of the wires inside the cable are chafed in the kinks of the S-shaped channel after longer use so thin, that tottering short circuits happen between the wires in the cable, which appear to the system like connecting and disconnecting the USB device.
I screwed the mouse encasement open and took the cable out of the S-shaped channel and bend it straight thus removing all kinks in it. Then I shoved the cable one inch into the case. so that I could lay a "fresh" (= unkinked before) section of the cable into the S-shaped channel.
I did that 2 weeks ago. I had no problems since then anymore.
P.S.: Be careful opening the mouse case:
Remove the single screw which holds the case closed.
Then lay the mouse on a table while you take off the cover of the case and keep it lying on the table while you do the above described operations with cable and close the case again before you lift it off the table.
By this you prevent that the mouse wheel falls out of its position, cause it is a lot of enervating hustle to put the wheel and the 2 spring wires holding it back into correct position, if you don't know how to do it. So better keep it untouched in its position while you do the cable operations.