Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Vista - Panasonic camcorder

22 Dec 2011   #1
yashradia

Vista
 
 
Vista - Panasonic camcorder

I have Panasonic camcorder and i am trying to work out how i can capture it onto my laptop... i have vista. I tried downloading the CD of Motion studio but it doesn't work. Can someone help me sort this? Thanks


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
22 Dec 2011   #2
DeaconFrost

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

You need to have it connected to your laptop through USB or Firewire, depending on what connections your camcorder and laptop offer. Once that is done, and drivers are loaded (if needed), then you need some kind of software to capture the video.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Dec 2011   #3
yashradia

Vista
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DeaconFrost View Post
You need to have it connected to your laptop through USB or Firewire, depending on what connections your camcorder and laptop offer. Once that is done, and drivers are loaded (if needed), then you need some kind of software to capture the video.
I have the USB and when i do i can copy the pictures however videos are no where to be seen.Can only see the photos and no clips
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

22 Dec 2011   #4
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

 
 

The camera model # would help, I'll guess for the time being that the video format is .mod which is not recognized by Vista.

These links may be of some help to you,

MOD and TOD - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How To Convert The MOD Camcorder Video Format To MPG Instantly

MOD files (JVC Everio VideoCamera file extension) won't - Microsoft Answers
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Dec 2011   #5
yashradia

Vista
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
the camera model # would help, i'll guess for the time being that the video format is .mod which is not recognized by vista.

These links may be of some help to you,

mod and tod - wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

how to convert the mod camcorder video format to mpg instantly

mod files (jvc everio videocamera file extension) won't - microsoft answers
nv-gs75
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Dec 2011   #6
yashradia

Vista
 
 

I am using windows movie maker and when i click on import from digital video camera... i get the message saying "import video could not find a compatible digital video device"
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Dec 2011   #7
DeaconFrost

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

I would definitely consider something much better than Windows Movie Maker. Your camera should have come with something to get you started.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Dec 2011   #8
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by yashradia View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
the camera model # would help, i'll guess for the time being that the video format is .mod which is not recognized by vista.

These links may be of some help to you,

mod and tod - wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

how to convert the mod camcorder video format to mpg instantly

mod files (jvc everio videocamera file extension) won't - microsoft answers
nv-gs75
Have a look through this thread,

Panasonic NV-GS75 Camcorder driver

Try using Compatibility Mode
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Dec 2011   #9
yashradia

Vista
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by yashradia View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
the camera model # would help, i'll guess for the time being that the video format is .mod which is not recognized by vista.

These links may be of some help to you,

mod and tod - wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

how to convert the mod camcorder video format to mpg instantly

mod files (jvc everio videocamera file extension) won't - microsoft answers
nv-gs75
Have a look through this thread,

Panasonic NV-GS75 Camcorder driver

Try using Compatibility Mode
Thanks, but i have Vista and not windows 7
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Dec 2011   #10
yashradia

Vista
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DeaconFrost View Post
I would definitely consider something much better than Windows Movie Maker. Your camera should have come with something to get you started.
It came with motion Studio Cd which doesn't work on my vista
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Vista - Panasonic camcorder




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Panasonic Dot Matrix
hi all. im looking for panasonic kx-p1121 win 7 driver. its connected to my pc using LPT printer port. please help
Drivers
Why isn't my camcorder recognised by my PC
Since installing Win 7, I have not been able to import DV from my tape-based camcorder (Canon MV630i). I use an iLink cable. The PC makes a sound acknowledging a connection, but it does not show up anywhere, and none of my programs recognise the camera. I tried using an analogue/DV device (again...
Hardware & Devices
Panasonic NV-GS230
Hi, I have a panasonic NV-GS230 video camera. When i connect it to W7/32 bit i only have the webcam. I'm unable to upload my video's from the camera to W7. When i tried installing the usb drivers i've got the message that they aren't supported in W7. I contacted panasonic about this and they...
Drivers
Panasonic NV-GS75 Camcorder driver
Hi Everyone, I have just tried to upload some video from my gs75 camcorder to my computer. The computer shows that the camera is connected but only for webcam. I tried installing the software but it is not comaptible. Is there a driver out there that I can get to make this camera work with win7? ...
Drivers
Panasonic Driver
Hi, I am installed panasonic multifunctional in windows 7. Model KX-FLB800/KX-FLM650. Driver does not support. In driver CD support upto Windows XP. How to installed panasonic multifunctional in Windows 7. Regards, rajgan
Drivers
Camcorder
Please help me. I can't connect my camcorder (JVC GZ MG155-AG) to my PC. I use windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. When I try to connect my camcorder, it says that it can't recognize my camcorder. JVC's site told me that my camcorder compatible with windows 7. Please tell me how to fix it. Sorry for my...
Hardware & Devices


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:27.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App