Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Deleteing 2 OEM parition and format HELP!

29 Dec 2011   #21
xJay

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 



VIA dxdiag


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
29 Dec 2011   #22
xJay

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ignatzatsonic View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xJay View Post
Ok, my laptop is orginally windows vista and i upgraded to windows 7, valid windows 7 disc,
I want to format my laptop completely like its brand new it just came in.
Do i format only the C: or all OEM parition and C:

What exactly do you mean by "brand new it just came in"???

When you bought it, it had OEM partitions. If you want to replicate the condition on the day you bought it, then you would have to keep the OEM partitions--since they were on it the day "it just came in".

On the other hand, if you want to completely clean the hard drive, you would have to delete the OEM partitions.

What exactly are you trying to do?

I want like my laptop has nothing downloaded like no viruses has infected my files and stuff.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2011   #23
theog

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xJay View Post
Ok, my laptop is orginally windows vista and i upgraded to windows 7, valid windows 7 disc,
I want to format my laptop completely like its brand new it just came in.
Do i format only the C: or all OEM parition and C:
Clean the HD Drive first.
SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation
Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 Dec 2011   #24
xJay

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by theog View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xJay View Post
Ok, my laptop is orginally windows vista and i upgraded to windows 7, valid windows 7 disc,
I want to format my laptop completely like its brand new it just came in.
Do i format only the C: or all OEM parition and C:
Clean the HD Drive first.
SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation
Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

Do i keep the OEM parition, i know what to do when doing a clean install
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2011   #25
ignatzatsonic

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xJay View Post
I want like my laptop has nothing downloaded like no viruses has infected my files and stuff.
You should be able to restore it to like it was on the day you bought it by using the OEM partitions. You would have no viruses or infected files.

Or you can completely wipe the hard drive, deleting all partitions, and do a clean reinstall of Windows---assuming you have a valid Windows installation disc.

If you delete the OEM partitions and do not have recovery disks, you will not be able to restore the PC to like it was on the day you bought it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2011   #26
xJay

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ignatzatsonic View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xJay View Post
I want like my laptop has nothing downloaded like no viruses has infected my files and stuff.
You should be able to restore it to like it was on the day you bought it by using the OEM partitions. You would have no viruses or infected files.

Or you can completely wipe the hard drive, deleting all partitions, and do a clean reinstall of Windows---assuming you have a valid Windows installation disc.

If you delete the OEM partitions and do not have recovery disks, you will not be able to restore the PC to like it was on the day you bought it.

How do I restore it? Does it have anything downloaded?

What do you mean recovery disks?
Like the CDs they give me when i got my laptop? If yes i have that.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2011   #27
ignatzatsonic

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xJay View Post

What do you mean recovery disks?
Like the CDs they give me when i got my laptop? If yes i have that.
What exactly does it say on these CDs??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2011   #28
xJay

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ignatzatsonic View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xJay View Post

What do you mean recovery disks?
Like the CDs they give me when i got my laptop? If yes i have that.
What exactly does it say on these CDs??

I dont have it right now with me, it's like resetting the whole laptop and like what u have when you first brought it.


will restoring be easier if so how do i do it?

( does it still give me my full gb back cause nothing downloaded)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2011   #29
ignatzatsonic

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xJay View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ignatzatsonic View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xJay View Post

What do you mean recovery disks?
Like the CDs they give me when i got my laptop? If yes i have that.
What exactly does it say on these CDs??

I dont have it right now with me, it's like resetting the whole laptop and like what u have when you first brought it
Until you know for a fact what those CDs will do, I would not delete the OEM partitions.

If it were me:

I would find out if those CDs will in fact restore my PC to like the day you bought it.

The only way to find that out is to try to boot from those CDs and see what happens. I wouldn't assume anything.

I'd use those CDs and do a complete restore. That would prove to me that they actually worked for that purpose.

Then I might do a clean re-install, wiping out all OEM partitons.

You need to find out what those CDs will actually do, rather than guess.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2011   #30
xJay

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

[QUOTE] Or you can completely wipe the hard drive, deleting all partitions, and do a clean reinstall of Windows---assuming you have a valid Windows installation disc.

If you delete the OEM partitions and do not have recovery disks, you will not be able to restore the PC to like it was on the day you bought it. [/QOUTE]

I format my HDD and delete all the paritions and do a reinstall of windows, what do i do next when i installed windows 7?


You can still format the HDD and delete all the paritions right ( deleteing every programs you installed, deleting Viruses etc?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Deleteing 2 OEM parition and format HELP!




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Help with deleteing icon
When ever I try to delete a file on my desktop it says this file is no longer located in C:\Users\Jason Howard (<---- my user name)\Desktop and when I go to C:\Users\Jason Howard\Desktop (in windows explorer) it says it is still there and when I try to delete it from there it says this file is no...
General Discussion
Deleteing a file that won't delete
Hello all, I currently have 3 files that I want to delete, but won't delete. The file sizes are 0 bytes each, yet the icon still remains on my desktop. When I try to delete them, it gives me an error stating that the item was not found and is not in the location that it is in. It asks me to...
General Discussion
Help - Unable to Format/Delete Old Parition
Hi Guys, I recently upgrade my entire computer, with it i brought a 2TB WD HDD. I set everything up, installed W7 and updated all my drivers/etc. I then moved my old 3x 1TB drives over, in it, one partition had my old Windows 7, I am unable to format/delete windows folder/program files. One...
General Discussion
how to delete saved passwords without deleteing all the history
HI everyone It's a simple question How to delete only saved passwords from the browser's (IE8) history.I need the other things. Thanks
Browsers & Mail
cant format my parition drive
hello everyone, im new o this forum, today i got a copy of windows 7 ultimate and a 500gig hdd, i partitioned the hard drive in 2 parts a 100gig and a 400gig partition, the 100gig part is working fine when i had it formatted, but the 400gig partition doesnt seem to want to format, i tried disk...
Installation & Setup
help deleteing a file
hey guys i downloaded this video from youtube and i want to remove it now but it wont let me and my cup is on 100% at all time i can't go into propties on ther file i can't delete it just says discovering items and never moves and i have tryed in safe mode i have tryed file assin and scan now but...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App