Ok, so after fighting with ASUS for two months (long story), I FINALLY got my beloved PC running again. Turns out it was a bad motherboard.
Anyway, I will explain the situation with ASUS support. Remember when I got the RMA for my motherboard? Well the email I received from Mr. Franklin Archibald stated to include "All ASUS accessories" with the package (I now know that you DO NOT do that) and so I did, not knowing any better. So then when I got my replacement motherboard, it was just a board, no SATA cables, I/O shield, VGA switch card, Nothing... So I called ASUS support (my ass) and asked what was going on, the guy accused me of "modifying" the email (which I forwarded to him as proof) and sent me a credit card form to pay for the shipping of my products back to me. I refused to pay and told him I am not going to pay for ASUS's mistake. Then five calls and a month and a half later, I demanded to talk to a supervisor/boss to resolve this issue. After talking to this man, he realized that it was NOT my mistake and told me he would fix the issue. Then just last week I received a package from ASUS with all the accessories for the M4A89GTD series boards. To sum it up, DO NOT SEND ANYTHING WITH A MOTHERBOARD BACK TO ASUS, even if the email tells you too. In my case the RMA email that I received was for an ASUS router, not a motherboard, which explains the need for all the parts.
Here is a copy of my RMA email.
**Please do not respond to this email. For any inquiries, please contact the Customer Service Department at ASUS Service for North America
Dear Mr. or Ms:
**** Please read ENTIRE contents of this email before shipping your product back to ASUS**
Your RMA# is XXXXXXXXXX
o RMA# is valid for 30 days from issued date.
- RMA# must be written on the outside box or will be rejected
- RMA process is approximately 10 business days (excludes ALL holidays, weekends, and transit time)
- Customers are responsible for one-way shipping
- ASUS standard shipping method is FedEx Ground
- Automated email notifications are sent when your RMA has shipped. Please be sure to check spam folders / filters
- Status Checks: ASUS Service for North America
- ASUS - USA is a warranty repair service center. Please contact place of purchase for credit, refunds, upgrades / model changes, or new retail box replacement. ASUS does not provide these services under any circumstances
o You must verify the serial # you have provided for your RMA is on the actual product itself
- If different, please contact customer service immediately and have RMA update with the correct information
- If serial # has a discrepancy this will cause processing delays & longer turn-around-time
- If you are unable to find the serial # on the actual product, your product manufacturers warranty is VOID. Please see ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support-
for more detail on your warranty. This includes altered serial #.
- Please be sure to include all original packaging and accessories, including the following
user manuals, software, antennas, power adapter / cables, and original box
- Please DO NOT send in any Non-ASUS products: CPU, memory, after-market heat sink / fans as these items will not be returned, and you will be expected to pay the return shipping for these items
o Include a brief description of problem & any troubleshooting / testing steps you may have tried.
o Physical damage is not covered under your ASUS manufacturer’s warranty and automatically VOIDS your warranty. ASUS reserves the right to reject any product received with physical damage.
- Damage can include any shape or form of corner / edge damage / markings with pens and/or markers
- Broken traces or burns due to improper installation / removal of other components
- Broken CPU socket or bent pins
o Packaging / Shipping Information:
- 2 inches of padding around product itself (examples: popcorn, bubble wrap, foam)
- Must be packaged in a box
- Envelopes will be rejected
RMA SHIPPING ADDRESS:
ASUS Technology Services
ATTN: RMA Dept, RMA
121 River Ridge Circle, Dock C
Jeffersonville, IN 47130
ASUS Product Support Team
ASUS Tech Support
Phone Support: 812-282-2787 ASUS ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- ASUS Service for North America
Thanks for taking the time to read this.