Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Show us your SSD performance 2

22 Mar 2012   #91
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Michael, I don't think that is something to really worry about. It is just a bit odd that the 4K reads are a bit low. I just checked on some of my Vertex2. There it is even lower (in the 70's) and they perform perfectly well.

Derek, I think you need not worry. This SSD will still perform very well. The 4K nums just stood out as being a bit odd.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

22 Mar 2012   #92

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Hey you guru's on SSD's would you mind taking a look at my thread below and give me some hints as to why my SSD is so slow. It's brand new with a clean install.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Mar 2012   #93
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 1Bowtie View Post
Hey you guru's on SSD's would you mind taking a look at my thread below and give me some hints as to why my SSD is so slow. It's brand new with a clean install.
What thread??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


22 Mar 2012   #94

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 X64 (Windows 8.1, Linux Mint, Windows XP and others in VM)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 1Bowtie View Post
Hey you guru's on SSD's would you mind taking a look at my thread below and give me some hints as to why my SSD is so slow. It's brand new with a clean install.
What thread??
New Intel SSD
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Mar 2012   #95

Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

I plan on buying a SSD to replace my current OS drive, as I'm limited of HDD space and the timing is not good, due to something I'm working on and not much time left to finish to back up, install new hdd and restore hdd on new hdd. \

I've done a few readings on SSD drives, how are SATA III (6Gb/s), good for speed ? I'm hoping I see a increase over my SATA platter drive.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Mar 2012   #96
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 1Bowtie View Post
Hey you guru's on SSD's would you mind taking a look at my thread below and give me some hints as to why my SSD is so slow. It's brand new with a clean install.
What thread??
New Intel SSD
Thanks Steve.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Mar 2012   #97
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JerometheGiraff View Post
I plan on buying a SSD to replace my current OS drive, as I'm limited of HDD space and the timing is not good, due to something I'm working on and not much time left to finish to back up, install new hdd and restore hdd on new hdd. \

I've done a few readings on SSD drives, how are SATA III (6Gb/s), good for speed ? I'm hoping I see a increase over my SATA platter drive.
If you are talking Sata3 SSDs, they are currently the fastest. But you need a Sata3 port on your board. On a Sata2 port you cannot make full use of their capability. You might as well get a Sata2 SSD and save money in that case.

If you mean the new Sata3 HDDs - they are a gimmik. I would not spend money for one of those.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Mar 2012   #98
mjf

Windows 7x64 Home Premium SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 1Bowtie View Post
Hey you guru's on SSD's would you mind taking a look at my thread below and give me some hints as to why my SSD is so slow. It's brand new with a clean install.
I have sent a response via the original thread.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Mar 2012   #99

Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Is there an easy way to tell what SATA ports I have without opening ? I plan on buying today, as I have a 60 gig in way.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Mar 2012   #100
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JerometheGiraff View Post
Is there an easy way to tell what SATA ports I have without opening ? I plan on buying today, as I have a 60 gig in way.
You should find it in the specs of your mobo. That should be available on the website of the PC manufacturer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Show us your SSD performance 2




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Show us your SSD performance 2
Thread Forum
HDDs Show in BIOS, But Do Not Show in Disk Management Hardware & Devices
Show us your hard drive performance Hardware & Devices
Solved Intel 520 SSD, low performance, high performance, then low again...? Hardware & Devices
Show us your SSD performance Hardware & Devices
Show us your Mechanical HDD performance... Hardware & Devices
show hidden folders show file extensions thru registry General Discussion
Performance Has Changed To Performance Moniter Performance & Maintenance

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33