Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Show us your SSD performance 2


21 Mar 2013   #1081
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

The Samsung nums are clearly better. Will you notice the difference in real life - probably not.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Mar 2013   #1082

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Thanks for the feedback, guys. Sure appreciate the help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Mar 2013   #1083

Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

I'm hearing some info that the Samsung 840 are not as good, is this someone personal experience or is there some truth to it ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


22 Mar 2013   #1084

Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1
 
 

There are 2 versions of the Samsung 840 series: the regular 840 and the 840 Pro. The 840 pro from what I heard is much faster than the regular 840 albeit much more expensive.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Mar 2013   #1085
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by theveterans View Post
There are 2 versions of the Samsung 840 series: the regular 840 and the 840 Pro. The 840 pro from what I heard is much faster than the regular 840 albeit much more expensive.
The Pro is faster in the benchmarks. In real life that will hardly make any difference for the OS. If you are price sensitive, the 840 will do. Other good options are the Crucial M4 or one of the OCZ Vertex models.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Mar 2013   #1086

Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
The Pro is faster in the benchmarks. In real life that will hardly make any difference for the OS. If you are price sensitive, the 840 will do. Other good options are the Crucial M4 or one of the OCZ Vertex models.
That's true since the OS uses mostly very small blocks of data and benchmarks like CrystalDiskMark will show that the 840 and the 840 pro have similar numbers in that regard.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Mar 2013   #1087

Win 7 64 bit professional
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by theveterans View Post
There are 2 versions of the Samsung 840 series: the regular 840 and the 840 Pro. The 840 pro from what I heard is much faster than the regular 840 albeit much more expensive.
The Pro is faster in the benchmarks. In real life that will hardly make any difference for the OS. If you are price sensitive, the 840 will do. Other good options are the Crucial M4 or one of the OCZ Vertex models.
Don't forget the OCZ vector. I have 2 of these in Raid 0 that continuously face heavy read/write activity and their performance has been consistently good. I run both ATTO and AS SSD once a month with no special adjustments to Windows. The results are consistently very strong.


Attached Images
  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Mar 2013   #1088
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Those nums look great. I myself would never Raid SSDs, but that maybe just me.

I have 1 Vector. But it is still sitting on my desk. Don't know yet which machine I am going to put it in.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Mar 2013   #1089
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Good grief Wolfgang, pick one.
Send me a ticket and I'll come and help you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Mar 2013   #1090
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Good grief Wolfgang, pick one.
Send me a ticket and I'll come and help you.
I think I'll use it on my desktop in Germany (which currently has an older Vertex) - maybe even in an external enclosure for my VMware Player systems. But I am only going to be there in May.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Show us your SSD performance 2




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Show us your SSD performance 2
Thread Forum
HDDs Show in BIOS, But Do Not Show in Disk Management Hardware & Devices
Show us your hard drive performance Hardware & Devices
Solved Intel 520 SSD, low performance, high performance, then low again...? Hardware & Devices
Show us your SSD performance Hardware & Devices
Show us your Mechanical HDD performance... Hardware & Devices
show hidden folders show file extensions thru registry General Discussion
Performance Has Changed To Performance Moniter Performance & Maintenance

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:59 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33