Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Show us your SSD performance 2


05 Apr 2013   #1101

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Looks to score very well Steve, nice one

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

05 Apr 2013   #1102
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Nice Acc.time and 4K scores Steve. Does it "feel" faster than other SSDs?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Apr 2013   #1103

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Nice Acc.time and 4K scores Steve. Does it "feel" faster than other SSDs?
I think me and you both know what the answer to that is gonna be Gary!

Steve just has an addiction to buying SSD's
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


05 Apr 2013   #1104

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 X64 (Windows 8.1, Linux Mint, Windows XP and others in VM)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Nice Acc.time and 4K scores Steve. Does it "feel" faster than other SSDs?
I think me and you both know what the answer to that is gonna be Gary!

Steve just has an addiction to buying SSD's
That is absolutely wrong, Paul. And you know better than to make statements like that about me. I only have an addiction to buying computer parts of any kind. And, yes it feels faster, so there.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Apr 2013   #1105

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Nice Acc.time and 4K scores Steve. Does it "feel" faster than other SSDs?
I think me and you both know what the answer to that is gonna be Gary!

Steve just has an addiction to buying SSD's
That is absolutely wrong, Paul. And you know better than to make statements like that about me. I only have an addiction to buying computer parts of any kind. And, yes it feels faster, so there.
Lol whatever!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Apr 2013   #1106
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Steve, that looks like a healthy bugger.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Apr 2013   #1107

Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)
 
 

It seems that I am startinng to have an affliction somewhat similar to essenbe's.

I already have a 512GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD installed in a caddy which is in the CD/DVD drive bay to work with my laptop's 1TB hard drive. I just ordered a 256GB 840 Pro SSD for $199.99 from NewEgg.

When the other 840 Pro comes, would there be an advantage to move the 512GB SSD where the stock 1TB HDD is and then put the 256GB in the caddy in the optical drive where the 512 used to sit? Then use the 1TB HDD for external storage? The stock CD/DVD is used externally now.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Apr 2013   #1108

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 X64 (Windows 8.1, Linux Mint, Windows XP and others in VM)
 
 

LeftC, that would work if that is what you're asking. It would be OK if it gives you enough space with the 2 SSDs for what you need to be portable. If stationary, you could hook up the external and it wouldn't matter, a lot. But, 750 GB is quite a lot of space.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Apr 2013   #1109
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LeftC View Post
It seems that I am startinng to have an affliction somewhat similar to essenbe's.

I already have a 512GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD installed in a caddy which is in the CD/DVD drive bay to work with my laptop's 1TB hard drive. I just ordered a 256GB 840 Pro SSD for $199.99 from NewEgg.

When the other 840 Pro comes, would there be an advantage to move the 512GB SSD where the stock 1TB HDD is and then put the 256GB in the caddy in the optical drive where the 512 used to sit? Then use the 1TB HDD for external storage? The stock CD/DVD is used externally now.
I use an SSD externally attached via USB3 and run Windows 8 and some Linux distros that are installed in VMware Player from there. That works really very well and I can carry that SSD to any PC and run the systems there too (provided that PC has VMware Player installed). Maybe that gives you some idea. Here are some tutorials and a demo to get you started.

VMware Player - Install Windows 8

Portable OS - Carry your OS on an External Drive

VMware Player - a Windows 8 Demo
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Apr 2013   #1110

Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
LeftC, that would work if that is what you're asking. It would be OK if it gives you enough space with the 2 SSDs for what you need to be portable. If stationary, you could hook up the external and it wouldn't matter, a lot. But, 750 GB is quite a lot of space.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LeftC View Post
It seems that I am starting to have an affliction somewhat similar to essenbe's.

I already have a 512GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD installed in a caddy which is in the CD/DVD drive bay to work with my laptop's 1TB hard drive. I just ordered a 256GB 840 Pro SSD for $199.99 from NewEgg.

When the other 840 Pro comes, would there be an advantage to move the 512GB SSD where the stock 1TB HDD is and then put the 256GB in the caddy in the optical drive where the 512 used to sit? Then use the 1TB HDD for external storage? The stock CD/DVD is used externally now.
I use an SSD externally attached via USB3 and run Windows 8 and some Linux distros that are installed in VMware Player from there. That works really very well and I can carry that SSD to any PC and run the systems there too (provided that PC has VMware Player installed). Maybe that gives you some idea. Here are some tutorials and a demo to get you started.

VMware Player - Install Windows 8

Portable OS - Carry your OS on an External Drive

VMware Player - a Windows 8 Demo
Thank you both essenbe and whs very much for the suggestions. I will check out those links tonight. $200 seemed like a decent deal on the 256GB Pro. It is $228 on Amazon.

I don't store a lot of pictures, videos and music. Most are documents.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Show us your SSD performance 2




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Show us your SSD performance 2
Thread Forum
HDDs Show in BIOS, But Do Not Show in Disk Management Hardware & Devices
Show us your hard drive performance Hardware & Devices
Solved Intel 520 SSD, low performance, high performance, then low again...? Hardware & Devices
Show us your SSD performance Hardware & Devices
Show us your Mechanical HDD performance... Hardware & Devices
show hidden folders show file extensions thru registry General Discussion
Performance Has Changed To Performance Moniter Performance & Maintenance

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:16 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33