Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Show us your SSD performance 2

26 Apr 2013   #1161
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
This is how my V4 is running must have been 8 months since I bought it now, and I have 48GB free.

It's been a solid and reliable SSD so far.
Did you ever try running it on the iaStor port?
I don't think I did Gary, but no time to do it now, I am stripping the rig down first thing in the morning, switching to Sandy E for a few months next week then Haswell if it's any good


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
26 Apr 2013   #1162
kbrady1979

Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
This is how my V4 is running must have been 8 months since I bought it now, and I have 48GB free.

It's been a solid and reliable SSD so far.
Did you ever try running it on the iaStor port?
I don't think I did Gary, but no time to do it now, I am stripping the rig down first thing in the morning, switching to Sandy E for a few months next week then Haswell if it's any good
Holy Mother of Upgrades, Paul! That is why the pics of your PC didn't show any dust.....you don't let it have time to settle in there!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Apr 2013   #1163
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
That may be fun for bragging purposes but has little meaning in real life.
I have heard of this "Real Life"...

A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 Apr 2013   #1164
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Question for all you smart guys and gals. There is a new IRST driver. I have a vague memory of having installed one at some point. If I am using the iaStorA driver, then I must have correct? Any opinions on updating?



A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Apr 2013   #1165
Dude

Windows 10 Pro X64
 
 

Bill, some smarter people might respond soon but to me that is the latest IRST driver from intel. Most motherboards have a version specific version for their respective boards.
Show us your SSD performance 2-irst.png


My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Apr 2013   #1166
kbrady1979

Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1
 
 

Bill, I find that when you get a certain Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver that is bug free with your hardware that it is best to stick with that one. I just read the release notes and it doesn't do anything ground breaking in my opinion. I looked on the Asus Sabertooth download page and the current version on there is 11.1.0.1006 and that is what I'm running and have no problems with it.

Of course, you could always be a guinea pig and give it a try!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Apr 2013   #1167
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dude View Post
Bill, some smarter people might respond soon but to me that is the latest IRST driver from intel. Most motherboards have a version specific version for their respective boards.
Attachment 266088
Thanks Doug, my MB is "older" now, so the driver on their support page is V10.5.0.1026 from 6/11. I currently have 11.6.0.1030 from 9/12. I don't think they continue to offer any newer, for good or bad.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kbrady1979 View Post
Bill, I find that when you get a certain Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver that is bug free with your hardware that it is best to stick with that one. I just read the release notes and it doesn't do anything ground breaking in my opinion. I looked on the Asus Sabertooth download page and the current version on there is 11.1.0.1006 and that is what I'm running and have no problems with it.

Of course, you could always be a guinea pig and give it a try!
Yeah, I'm generally in the "if it aint broke" camp. I recently updated 2 drivers that the BSOD team thought could be an issue though. I guess I'll leave well enough alone.

Thanks guys

A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2013   #1168
Dude

Windows 10 Pro X64
 
 
be a guinea pig

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dude View Post
Bill, some smarter people might respond soon but to me that is the latest IRST driver from intel. Most motherboards have a version specific version for their respective boards.
Attachment 266088
Thanks Doug, my MB is "older" now, so the driver on their support page is V10.5.0.1026 from 6/11. I currently have 11.6.0.1030 from 9/12. I don't think they continue to offer any newer, for good or bad.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kbrady1979 View Post
Bill, I find that when you get a certain Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver that is bug free with your hardware that it is best to stick with that one. I just read the release notes and it doesn't do anything ground breaking in my opinion. I looked on the Asus Sabertooth download page and the current version on there is 11.1.0.1006 and that is what I'm running and have no problems with it.

Of course, you could always be a guinea pig and give it a try!
Yeah, I'm generally in the "if it aint broke" camp. I recently updated 2 drivers that the BSOD team thought could be an issue though. I guess I'll leave well enough alone.

Thanks guys

A Guy
Okay so I tried it here are the results
Show us your SSD performance 2-gueinapigassd.png


This is a run before
Show us your SSD performance 2-afterfirmware.png

the driver is actually current, my older version from my motherboard site was two years older.. My score didn't jump much, but it is higher.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2013   #1169
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Your 4k writes jumped quite a bit, interesting. Thanks for trying

A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2013   #1170
Dude

Windows 10 Pro X64
 
 

I had to, once Kelly threw out the be a guinea pig, I bit like a fish on a worm
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Show us your SSD performance 2




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Show us your hard drive performance
I thought it would be interesting to compare everyones hard drive performances with screenshots from HD Tune utility (get from HD Tune). Maybe after some time we could produce a results table. So heres mine: Im going to show you the single WD Raptor X results first for interest: ...
Hardware & Devices
SSD show low performance
I bought a Samsung 840 EVO120Gb which is showing a very disappointing performance. My system is the following: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Asus P7P55 WS GSkill 12gb Intel i5 760 2.8Ghz 4x Nvidia Quadro NVS 290
Performance & Maintenance
HDDs Show in BIOS, But Do Not Show in Disk Management
Hello, A newbie here that just completed a first-time new Win7 PC build. Successful installation of Win7 Pro on WD 600GB 10000 system drive. Went back and installed 4 additional HDD. (2) WD Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM and (2) WD Caviar 7200 500GB HDD from XP system that were used for storage. ...
Hardware & Devices
Show us your SSD performance
I'm interested to see what others are getting out of their SSD or SSDs in RAID. It's cool to look through the "Show us your hard drive performance" thread but here's a place for just SSD performance. I have a 128GB Patriot Torqx. (F/W v1881) Please post your benchmarks.:) Edit: I now have...
Hardware & Devices
Show us your Mechanical HDD performance...
Since the SSD boys and girls have a "Show us your SSD Performance" thread, I thought I'd start one for us mechanical HDD owners. Simply DL, install, and run HD Tune and post screenshots of results here in this thread. Please also tell us the Make and Model of your HDD(s) and any other specs you...
Hardware & Devices
show hidden folders show file extensions thru registry
I am trying to setup a default user or machine setup for how win7 handles folder view options. I want show hidden folders to be set to on for all users and the hide extensions for know file types to be unchecked or turned off ffor all users (so extensions show) I have located them in the registry...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:14.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App