Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Show us your SSD performance 2

09 Jul 2012   #401
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

As a comparison to HDD. This is my data drive score and it took nearly an hour to run.
Itza Seagate 500GB Constellation SATA III 7200RPM.
Name:  HDD.png
Views: 7
Size:  36.4 KB




My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
09 Jul 2012   #402
essenbe
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

You guys need to clone your OS to a spinner and use the spinner for a day or two. You will be saying that SSD wasn't slow after all. I did that and couldn't believe that I used to only have a spinner, and LIKED IT! I think we get spoiled sometimes.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jul 2012   #403
bigmck

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

I put in a SSD on this weekend. It is remarkably fast. It boots in about 30 seconds and shuts down in about 5. My HDD took about two minutes to boot. The programs just popup after the click. It is definately worth the price which are lower everyday. I did a clean install rather than the Paragon transfer. It took a bit longer but was worth the trouble. I am anxious to do the WEI and some of the benchmarks here.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

09 Jul 2012   #404
Dave76

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult x64 - SP1/ Windows 8 Pro x64
 
 

They are very nice

Best performance upgrade you can do.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jul 2012   #405
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bigmck View Post
I put in a SSD on this weekend. It is remarkably fast. It boots in about 30 seconds and shuts down in about 5. My HDD took about two minutes to boot. The programs just popup after the click. It is definately worth the price which are lower everyday. I did a clean install rather than the Paragon transfer. It took a bit longer but was worth the trouble. I am anxious to do the WEI and some of the benchmarks here.
Clean install is best for a new SSD, or I think so.
Prof Knowitall
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jul 2012   #406
JerometheGiraff

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Windows WEI, is messed up. I have a 6 Gig SATA III, installed yet WEI tells me that the SSD is only worth 5.9. Everything else is very good / excellent. I don't know what to make of WEI, I know that you shouldn't rely on it, but common atleast 6.8.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jul 2012   #407
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JerometheGiraff View Post
Windows WEI, is messed up. I have a 6 Gig SATA III, installed yet WEI tells me that the SSD is only worth 5.9. Everything else is very good / excellent. I don't know what to make of WEI, I know that you shouldn't rely on it, but common atleast 6.8.

WEI reads the C: drive. Is the SSD the C: drive and connected to either the 0 or 1 SATA III header?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jul 2012   #408
Hopalong X

Windows7 Pro 64bit SP-1; Windows XP Pro 32bit
 
 

Jerome

Reset the WEI scores per this tutorial.> Windows Experience Index - Reset
Use Option One.

Then run the WEI again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jul 2012   #409
JerometheGiraff

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Hopalong X View Post
Jerome

Reset the WEI scores per this tutorial.> Windows Experience Index - Reset
Use Option One.

Then run the WEI again.
Resetting worked I'm getting 7.5 as my base score, due to the SSD.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jul 2012   #410
bigmck

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JerometheGiraff View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Hopalong X View Post
Jerome

Reset the WEI scores per this tutorial.> Windows Experience Index - Reset
Use Option One.

Then run the WEI again.
Resetting worked I'm getting 7.5 as my base score, due to the SSD.
Could you fill in your specs completely. I would like to know what you have. Thanks,
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Show us your SSD performance 2




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Show us your hard drive performance
I thought it would be interesting to compare everyones hard drive performances with screenshots from HD Tune utility (get from HD Tune). Maybe after some time we could produce a results table. So heres mine: Im going to show you the single WD Raptor X results first for interest: ...
Hardware & Devices
SSD show low performance
I bought a Samsung 840 EVO120Gb which is showing a very disappointing performance. My system is the following: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Asus P7P55 WS GSkill 12gb Intel i5 760 2.8Ghz 4x Nvidia Quadro NVS 290
Performance & Maintenance
HDDs Show in BIOS, But Do Not Show in Disk Management
Hello, A newbie here that just completed a first-time new Win7 PC build. Successful installation of Win7 Pro on WD 600GB 10000 system drive. Went back and installed 4 additional HDD. (2) WD Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM and (2) WD Caviar 7200 500GB HDD from XP system that were used for storage. ...
Hardware & Devices
Show us your SSD performance
I'm interested to see what others are getting out of their SSD or SSDs in RAID. It's cool to look through the "Show us your hard drive performance" thread but here's a place for just SSD performance. I have a 128GB Patriot Torqx. (F/W v1881) Please post your benchmarks.:) Edit: I now have...
Hardware & Devices
Show us your Mechanical HDD performance...
Since the SSD boys and girls have a "Show us your SSD Performance" thread, I thought I'd start one for us mechanical HDD owners. Simply DL, install, and run HD Tune and post screenshots of results here in this thread. Please also tell us the Make and Model of your HDD(s) and any other specs you...
Hardware & Devices
show hidden folders show file extensions thru registry
I am trying to setup a default user or machine setup for how win7 handles folder view options. I want show hidden folders to be set to on for all users and the hide extensions for know file types to be unchecked or turned off ffor all users (so extensions show) I have located them in the registry...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:56.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App