Having trouble starting ("Program Cannot Run") Windows Mobile Device Center after plugging in your device; try this it worked for us:
1. Unplug Mobile Device.
2. Go to Programs & Features, Uninstall Windows Mobile Device Center.
3. Google "windows mobile device center 6.1 update"
4. Manually download and save from MS website.
5. Install - DO NOT PLUG DEVICE IN YET!.
6. Once installed navigate to All Programs and find the 'Windows Mobile Device Center' icon
7. Right-click icon select 'properties', select 'Compatibility' tab.
8. On Compatiblity tab look down and select 'change settings for all users'
9. Tick the 'Disable Visual Themes' tick box and close.
10. attempt to launch Windows Mobile Device Center; if the green splash screen apears you're in business, now you can plug your device in.
Good luck, took some time to work it out, hope it works for you; pass on if it does.