Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: RAM problem

12 Apr 2012   #11
Mosharino

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
 
 

Might sound straightforward (Maybe i'm just tired ) but in the past when i have upgraded RAM and have had a BSOD i try each module individually in order to identify if one is obviously bad.

This worked for me, i had a dud stick from the start. Memtest86 is also a very good idea.

Just my two penneth.

Tom


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
12 Apr 2012   #12
ghostrider2012

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ignatzatsonic View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ghostrider2012 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ignatzatsonic View Post
If you replace the existing 8 GB of RAM with the new 8 GB in the same slots, do you get a blue screen or have any problems?
I have not tried yet, but if it does not damage the new RAM if I use?
It won't damage the new RAM if it will fit in the slots properly. If it won't fit in the slots properly, you have clearly bought the wrong type of RAM.

This is just a quick way of finding out if the new RAM is compatible with your motherboard and works properly.
But now I use the first 8GB of RAM. The new 8GB RAM, was released. But still the same problem when I use both. What exactly is the problem that occurs, I do not understand ..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Apr 2012   #13
ignatzatsonic

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64-bit
 
 

Does the PC work OK with ONLY the new RAM installed??

Yes or no.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 Apr 2012   #14
Mosharino

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ghostrider2012 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ignatzatsonic View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ghostrider2012 View Post

I have not tried yet, but if it does not damage the new RAM if I use?
It won't damage the new RAM if it will fit in the slots properly. If it won't fit in the slots properly, you have clearly bought the wrong type of RAM.

This is just a quick way of finding out if the new RAM is compatible with your motherboard and works properly.
But now I use the first 8GB of RAM. The new 8GB RAM, was released. But still the same problem when I use both. What exactly is the problem that occurs, I do not understand ..
Try just inserting one (1 x 4GB stick) in the system and booting, if all is ok (No BSOD) then shut the system down and take that stick out and put it to one side (the good side ). Try another stick..... etc
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Apr 2012   #15
ghostrider2012

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ignatzatsonic View Post
Does the PC work OK with ONLY the new RAM installed??

Yes or no.
Ok, I will try after Memtest86 completed. But, if the problemfrom hardware, does the software will also be problematic. Sorry, newbie question
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Apr 2012   #16
ghostrider2012

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Mosharino View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ghostrider2012 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ignatzatsonic View Post

It won't damage the new RAM if it will fit in the slots properly. If it won't fit in the slots properly, you have clearly bought the wrong type of RAM.

This is just a quick way of finding out if the new RAM is compatible with your motherboard and works properly.
But now I use the first 8GB of RAM. The new 8GB RAM, was released. But still the same problem when I use both. What exactly is the problem that occurs, I do not understand ..
Try just inserting one (1 x 4GB stick) in the system and booting, if all is ok (No BSOD) then shut the system down and take that stick out and put it to one side (the good side ). Try another stick..... etc
Ok, I will try after Memtest86 completed. Thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Apr 2012   #17
Mosharino

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ghostrider2012 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ignatzatsonic View Post
Does the PC work OK with ONLY the new RAM installed??

Yes or no.
Ok, I will try after Memtest86 completed. But, if the problemfrom hardware, does the software will also be problematic. Sorry, newbie question
The 'software' should inform you of faults with the hardware.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Apr 2012   #18
ignatzatsonic

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ghostrider2012 View Post
But, if the problemfrom hardware, does the software will also be problematic. Sorry, newbie question
At this point, it sounds like a hardware problem, but anything is possible.

It may be a BIOS issue that can be upgraded.

It may be a problem with a BIOS setting.

But the first thing to check is the obvious stuff---that's why you need to confirm that the new RAM is good.

If the new RAM is good, then worry about why you have problems when the new RAM and the old RAM are installed together.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Apr 2012   #19
ghostrider2012

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ignatzatsonic View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ghostrider2012 View Post
But, if the problemfrom hardware, does the software will also be problematic. Sorry, newbie question
At this point, it sounds like a hardware problem, but anything is possible.

It may be a BIOS issue that can be upgraded.

It may be a problem with a BIOS setting.

But the first thing to check is the obvious stuff---that's why you need to confirm that the new RAM is good.

If the new RAM is good, then worry about why you have problems when the new RAM and the old RAM are installed together.
Ok, I understand. Meaning here, my motherboard can support it more than 8GB of RAM? So, it's not a problem beyond the limit. Because, I read in the manual, Kingston RAM (KHX1600C9D3K2), can put 8GB only. Or I is wrong
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Apr 2012   #20
cyclic

Windows 7 home premium x64
 
 

This could help, your motherboard should have what they call 'memory ok' technology, which when you press the little black button (near the CPU right hand side I think) it's supposed to do what it says memory ok, it mskes adjustments so all your Ram works together.
No it wont work if the module(s) is damaged, but according to ASUS it may drop the speed to 1333 or similar to get everything ok.
You can then, on the tenuous thought that you might get to the desktop, install and use ASUS AI suite II to adjust upwards.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 RAM problem




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Computer is crashing.Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
Hi, My computer, Dell optiplex 760 Windows 7 Professional 32-bit, is crashing. The crashes often happen when i'm playing this game, League of legends, but it also crashes at random points while on a social media or gaming websites. How to fix? Help please.
BSOD Help and Support
Blurry Text problem, EDID and registry editing problem on an AMD card.
EDIT:I have found a solution, using a DVI to HDMI cable on an amd card will fix this problem, this thread can now die, hopefully someone else will find it if they have this problem. Basically, i know what the problem is, but not how to rectify it. My tv (Sceptre X235BV-FHD, a rebranded sony...
Graphic Cards
problem event name startup repair offline - slightly different problem
Hi, Hoping somebody can help with this problem which despite trawling through these very helpful forums & tutorials, I have been unable to resolve. I have tried to include all the information possible although I am relatively new to this field so my terminology is probably not completely...
General Discussion
Laptop Windows 7 Problem/Software/Hardware? Keyboard problem
Okay, right now I'm currently trying to find out whats wrong with a keyboard that is on a laptop, after the computer starts there are some script errors, I don't know exactly what they are but I ran combo fix without safe mode and restarted the scripts went away...and it started working after...
Hardware & Devices
Moving windows/icons down problem!! Move right/left/up - no problem
New system i7 3930K CPU Sabertooth X79 Mortherboard GeForce GTX690 GPU Intel 520 series SSD 32GB RAM Dell U2711 27" Monitor Win 7 Pro
General Discussion
Problem Reports and Solutions - Change Problem Reporting Settings
How to Change "Problem Reporting Settings" in Windows 7 and Windows 8 Sending problem reports to Microsoft helps Windows 7 and Windows 8 to check and identify problems and notify you about any found solutions. This tutorial will show you how to change the Problem Reporting Settings in...
Tutorials


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App