|26 Aug 2009||#1|
| || |
Cursor moves to the bottom-right
I downloaded version 7100 a few weeks ago. I love this operating system and would like to stick with it, but I can't fix the cursor problem no matter what I do. It periodically moves to the right bottom of the screen on it's own.
Here are the things I've tried so far:
- turned off "enhance mouse movement" under control panel (suggested on a few forums online)
- turned off laptop trackpad, in case it is reacting to some movement
- switched between between 3 USB ports
- switched to another mouse
- switched mouse pads (dark, non-shiny surface)
- disconnected the mouse from USB port and used the laptop track pad instead
- turned the mouse upside down (such that the little red light was no longer activated, but the cursor still moved on it's own)
- turned off the option to write on screen (I have a tablet laptop)
- checked for new drivers, reinstalled drivers.
I am thinking this may be a software, not mouse problem. The strange thing is, the problem seems to be less frequent for a little bit after I do one of the things above, but then comes back full swing again in a little bit.
Has anyone had this problem before? I would appreciate any suggestions!
P.S. Here is my computer model, just in case: HP tx2610us
|My System Specs|
|26 Aug 2009||#5|
| || |
Yep, I checked there, but my system does not let me change anything in BIOS (besides language, password, a few other things).
I completely uninstalled (rather than updating) all of the "human interface devices" from the Device Manager. In then automatically found them after restarting. So far, so good!!
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Cursor moves to the bottom-right|
|custom color red mouse cursor resorts to std white cursor.||Hardware & Devices|
|Mouse Cursor moves to Upper Right Corner, won't come back.||Hardware & Devices|
|Mouse problem cursor moves way beyond right edge of screen||Hardware & Devices|
|Apply classic arrow cursor to background and busy cursor?||Customization|
|Primary display moves||Graphic Cards|
|Taskbar moves even when locked||General Discussion|
|Random cursor moves and clicks||Hardware & Devices|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06 AM.