I just put together a new build but am having a bit of weird problem.
When I boot into Windows, my secondary SATA drive does not get auto mounted so it shows up on "My computer". Every time I boot I need to go and designate a letter for it (via Disk management). Once I do, the drive shows up and everything is dandy until I boot again and have to repeat the steps.
The drives (both) are detected fine via the UEFI bios and Windows disk management itself.
The specs are:
- Intel Core i7-3920K Sandy Bridge-E LGA 2011
- ASUS Sabertooth X79 LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel with UEFI BIOS and latest BIOS
- ASUS GTX580
- G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4x4GB)
- Plextor SSD SATA III 128Gb
- WD Caviar Black SATA III 1TB (3 partions)
- ASUS DVDRW DRIVE
- ASUS SONAR DX
- CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 (which is getting replaced with a 850W version)
- *ALL STOCK SETTINGS / SPEEDS*
- Windows 7 Professional x64 (clean install) with SP1
I have the system to boot via UEFI to the Plextor SSD drive, and have the WD HD has a backup drive.
I installed all the drivers
included on the ASUS MB install CD (which includes SATA, etc).