Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: 8GB Ram Module very hot to touch

23 May 2012   #1
win123

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
8GB Ram Module very hot to touch

Hi

Dual Xeon
Win Ult 64 bit

I have 2 8GB Ram Modules installed properly. Same make and type etc,

They are very hot to the touch.
I ran HWMonitor Pro which displays the temperature

8GB Ram Module (1) 192 °F
8GB Ram Module (2) 181 °F

Is this too hot?

Thank you


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
23 May 2012   #2
seavixen32

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit
 
 

According to this article, RAM modules generate temperatures up to 95 degrees Celsius, which is equal to 203 degrees Fahrenheit.

Extended Temperature (-40 to 90 C ) Industrial memory modules | Virtium

Is your system giving you any problems?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 May 2012   #3
karlsnooks

MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
 
 

Manufacturer and model of the computer is ?

Here is how to fill out your System Specs:

Update your SevenForums System Specs
User CP (located on the top menu bar) |
Your Profile | Edit System Spec
(left-hand column)

To gather info, use Speccy (my favorite) or SIW or System Info

Add the word laptop or desktop or netbook to the
“system manufacturer” block, for example,
Toshiba Satellite L305D notebook.

Provide full windows version info, for example:
MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit

Use the “Other Info” block for Optical Reader,
Mouse, touchpad, wifi adapter, speakers, monitor, etc

Scroll down and click on SAVE CHANGES.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 May 2012   #4
win123

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seavixen32 View Post
According to this article, RAM modules generate temperatures up to 95 degrees Celsius, which is equal to 203 degrees Fahrenheit.

Extended Temperature (-40 to 90 C ) Industrial memory modules | Virtium

Is your system giving you any problems?
Hi

Thanks for responding.

Yes, my system is giving me problems with Sonar recording software. I am still trying to isolate the problem. I haven't even determined if it's hardware or software, so I am taking a look at everything that occurs to me.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 May 2012   #5
karlsnooks

MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
 
 

Please complete your system specs.
thanks,
karl
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 May 2012   #6
win123

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by karlsnooks View Post
Manufacturer and model of the computer is ?

Here is how to fill out your System Specs:

Update your SevenForums System Specs
User CP (located on the top menu bar) |
Your Profile | Edit System Spec
(left-hand column)

To gather info, use Speccy (my favorite) or SIW or System Info

Add the word laptop or desktop or netbook to the
“system manufacturer” block, for example,
Toshiba Satellite L305D notebook.

Provide full windows version info, for example:
MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit

Use the “Other Info” block for Optical Reader,
Mouse, touchpad, wifi adapter, speakers, monitor, etc

Scroll down and click on SAVE CHANGES.
Reynier Audio (Manufacturer)
Tyan Motherboard
Dual Xeon S5450
16 Gb ram
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 May 2012   #7
karlsnooks

MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
 
 

Power Off.
Disconnect power cord.
Remove computer cover/case
Using can of compressed air, blow out all dust.
Leave cover off.
Position a floor fan or desk fan or table-top fan to blow directly on the computer.
Position the computer so that no side is close to a wall or other barrier.
Reconnect power.
Power on computer.
Install Speccy (link in my signature) and use Speccy to keep an eye on your temps.

Do not use any type of 3rd party fan control program.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 May 2012   #8
win123

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by karlsnooks View Post
Power Off.
Disconnect power cord.
Remove computer cover/case
Using can of compressed air, blow out all dust.
Leave cover off.
Position a floor fan or desk fan or table-top fan to blow directly on the computer.
Position the computer so that no side is close to a wall or other barrier.
Reconnect power.
Power on computer.
Install Speccy (link in my signature) and use Speccy to keep an eye on your temps.

Do not use any type of 3rd party fan control program.
Thank you. I will follow your advice.
Regards
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 May 2012   #9
karlsnooks

MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
 
 

Let us know the results as shown by Speccy.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 8GB Ram Module very hot to touch




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Elo 55" Interactive Digital Signage Touch Computer touch problem
This has a built in CPU (i5) with Win7 32bit installed. The IDS touch screen was working fine, the it stopped working. The thing is, the Touch screen calibrates fine using Elo calibration software for spotting the corners of the screen but when you do the mouse check, it does not recognize...
Hardware & Devices
Plug-in Module H?
What does this mean? Plug-in Module H on a Western Digital HDD?
Hardware & Devices
3 displays (2 touch 1 non-touch)
Ok, I got 2 15" touch screens (different brands) and one samsung 22" display. now when I run two at a time im good, but I want to set it up some how so i can run all three at a time I have dual ATI 5770HD (two of them) card running in crosfire mode (i think, they have the connector connecting...
Graphic Cards
TPM Module Chips?
I have just been looking at mobo's and in particular mobo's that have TPM module chips. The thing is though they say on the over view of the mobo's that the TPM module chips must be purchased separately, where do you buy them and what exactly are they then? I thought that it was just a chip built...
Hardware & Devices
Specific Multi-touch/touch games for Windows 7
Are there any really cool touch or multi-touch games out yet for windows 7? I have managed to find the multi-touch table hockey but I would love more
Gaming
Touchpad Driver that Unlocks Multi-Touch on older Touch
Haven't updated your laptop's trackpad driver lately? Then you may well want to consider doing so, at least if your laptop is equipped with a Synaptics trackpad. As a user on the Hardware Zone forums discovered, the latest Synaptics driver seems to enable multitouch gestures on older laptops...
Drivers


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App