Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: How do I fix Internal HDD Raw error?

04 Jun 2012   #11
TheCyberMan

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Please check your ram memory just run with one stick at a time and see iff issues disappear, if it does replace ram stick not installed.


Also check hdd using manufacturer's tool you can download on another computer is yours is having problems and transfer after burning to cd.

You can download memtest86 to test your ram one stick installed at a time and do five passes. Again download and burn from another computer.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
04 Jun 2012   #12
Mual

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit SP 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TheCyberMan View Post
Please check your ram memory just run with one stick at a time and see iff issues disappear, if it does replace ram stick not installed.


Also check hdd using manufacturer's tool you can download on another computer is yours is having problems and transfer after burning to cd.

You can download memtest86 to test your ram one stick installed at a time and do five passes. Again download and burn from another computer.
Ram have no problem, tested.
HDD manufacturer's tool I need to use another computer to download and burn into a cd and test it on my PC?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jun 2012   #13
Dave76

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult x64 - SP1/ Windows 8 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Mual View Post
Hello, my computer recently always restart without any errors. Sometimes it restart by itself when entering the BIOS setting, sometime restart directly when it goes to the Windows right after "Windows is Starting", sometime is restart after using the Windows for a few minutes or so on.
I not sure what is the problem, is it the HDD problem or is it the power supply causing the problem?


When I first buy the PC nothing happens, impossible is the power supply problem? Because I have another one PC which is exactly the same with the current one that I use. Or is there any damage to the HD and the power supply and I need to replace it?
Put the HDD from the failing computer into the computer that is working and see if you can copy all of your files to another HDD.

Check that all of the cables to the HDD are firmly connected, should be two, one for power and a data cable, check both ends.
If that doesn't help then replace the data cable with a new or known working one.
Is there another power cable in the case that you can connect to the HDD.

If the failing computer HDD works fine in the other computer, then it can be a cable, connection, or the Power Supply Unit (PSU).
Also run the HDD test while the HDD in the other computer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

05 Jun 2012   #14
Mual

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit SP 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dave76 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Mual View Post
Hello, my computer recently always restart without any errors. Sometimes it restart by itself when entering the BIOS setting, sometime restart directly when it goes to the Windows right after "Windows is Starting", sometime is restart after using the Windows for a few minutes or so on.
I not sure what is the problem, is it the HDD problem or is it the power supply causing the problem?


When I first buy the PC nothing happens, impossible is the power supply problem? Because I have another one PC which is exactly the same with the current one that I use. Or is there any damage to the HD and the power supply and I need to replace it?
Put the HDD from the failing computer into the computer that is working and see if you can copy all of your files to another HDD.

Check that all of the cables to the HDD are firmly connected, should be two, one for power and a data cable, check both ends.
If that doesn't help then replace the data cable with a new or known working one.
Is there another power cable in the case that you can connect to the HDD.

If the failing computer HDD works fine in the other computer, then it can be a cable, connection, or the Power Supply Unit (PSU).
Also run the HDD test while the HDD in the other computer.
I think I know what is the problem that cause restart and turn the HDD to RAW system file is because my my main HDD causes the problem. If the main HDD is fixed, then the next step is to format the RAW to NFST.
Can't we copy the file from DOS?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jun 2012   #15
TheCyberMan

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote:
Put the HDD from the failing computer into the computer that is working and see if you can copy all of your files to another HDD.
You can use windows easy transfer to back up your files to another hdd for recovery.

You could download acronis true image home trial version and backup system and data and/or data. You can create a acronis boot disk which will work in DOS. I suggest backing up to an ext hdd or DVD's.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jun 2012   #16
Dave76

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult x64 - SP1/ Windows 8 Pro x64
 
 

Both Western Digital and Seagate have a free version of Acronis, you must have one of these HDDs in your system for the program to work.

Acronis True Image WD Edition Software

Seagate DiscWizard works with Maxtor and Seagate disc drives.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jun 2012   #17
Mual

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit SP 1
 
 

Okay guys, all the problem have been solved. Thanks for all the help
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jun 2012   #18
TheCyberMan

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

No problem glad it was resolved for you and the hdd is repaired now?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jun 2012   #19
Mual

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit SP 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TheCyberMan View Post
No problem glad it was resolved for you and the hdd is repaired now?
Yes, all resolve.
But one problem is, maybe my power supply is the main problem too, the HDD fixed and no random restart, but sometimes it restart after a long time. It mean the power supply might be a problem, need to get it check.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jun 2012   #20
TheCyberMan

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Yes it could be PSU getting checked by a local computer repairer will give you a definitive answer glad your other issues are sorted and good luck with this one.

If you need any further assistance you know where to come.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 How do I fix Internal HDD Raw error?




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Can't install Battlefield 3, DirectX Setup error: An internal error oc
I am trying to install Battlefield 3 and I get a "DirectX Setup error: An internal error occurred." I tried using DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer and I get a second error "An internal system error occurred. Please refer to DXError.log and DirecX.log in your Windows folder to determine...
Gaming
Internal Error Occur using RDP
Hello, I have Windows 7 and i try to connect with a server 2003 using RDP connection. It shows Internal Error Occur. NOTE that it was working find until one day before. Remote are enable on remote desktop,on services and control panel.Also on Windows Firewall is ON/Enable for...
Network & Sharing
Direct X installation error: internal system error occured
Before i begin describing my problem, things i have already tried: - using the web install - using the standalone install - editing my registry key as shown here /watch?v=lRq1-qUyvXk I am trying to update my direct x to version 9.0c I need it to play Planetside 2 but the installation...
Software
DirectX install error - An internal system error occurred.
I recently re-installed windows and am now trying to install the DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010). All goes well, it installs everything, but as it finished I get this error: http://i.imgur.com/KVkYk.png I have tried redownloading, using other installers and updating my graphics drivers....
Software
Internal error 0000000b
Cant copy paste problem, internal error 0000000b pop out occurs...any idea about this problem help me fix it pls
BSOD Help and Support
The following fatal error alert was generated: 10. The internal error
Hi Guys, My win7 X64 laptop keeps freezing up. In Event Viewer I got the following message. 'The following fatal error alert was generated: 10. The internal error state is 10. schannel. This error doesn't give me much to work on. Any help on this is much appreciated. Many thanks AIRobot
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:13.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App