Quote: Originally Posted by barrubba
why do you prefer macrium? have plus option? you use it? whY?
Why use rescue disc? in which moment?
I prerefer macrium reflect free because
- it's free
- it's simple
- it's flexible (partitions can be resized on restore. And placed on another place on disk)
- it remembers partition type (logical or primary) and if it was active or not.
- It has an option "Fix Boot Problems" on rescue disk. Although I never had to use it because of this Understanding Disk IDs
- images you make can be mounted as virtual disk. So you can browse through the files and copy some files as well (instead of restoring whole image)
How to browse an Image or 'File and Folder' Backup in Windows Explorer (for macrium V4 but V5 is the same)
- backups can be made from within a live system. It takes a snapshot as it is the moment you start it. You can work on if backup is busy
rescue disc should be made prior to using it LOL ;-)
Of course you can't restore the C-drive if booted from C-drive! So you have to boot from DVD instead. The rescue DVD will boot a mini windows and starts macrium automatically.
BTW all backup software should have a rescue DVD in case you wanna restore the system disk