Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: SSD Comparing 3 m4's

11 Jun 2012   #1
jeepmann4x4

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 
SSD Comparing 3 m4's

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 Jun 2012   #2
linnemeyerhere

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
 
 

jeepmann4x4,
Price is the only difference and as mentioned the transfer kit (which is one trick pony!) I have (2) m4's and a C300
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jun 2012   #3
smarteyeball

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by linnemeyerhere View Post
jeepmann4x4,
Price is the only difference and as mentioned the transfer kit (which is one trick pony!) I have (2) m4's and a C300
The $119.00 model includes a 3.5 bracket. As Alan mentioned, the other includes the kit.

The $109.00 model is typically known as an 'OEM' model - it contains the drive without any other bells or whistles.

All 3 actual drives are exactly the same.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


11 Jun 2012   #4
jeepmann4x4

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

That's what I was guessing but had to check.
The Micro Center near me has some 128gb M4's that run slower 415mb/s R and 175mb/s W instead of 500mb/s R and 175mb/s W.....Micro Center - Crucial m4 CT128M4SSD2 128GB SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5" SSD
So I was not sure if I was overlooking something small.
Thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jun 2012   #5
Sardonicus

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jeepmann4x4 View Post
That's what I was guessing but had to check.
The Micro Center near me has some 128gb M4's that run slower 415mb/s R and 175mb/s W instead of 500mb/s R and 175mb/s W.....Micro Center - Crucial m4 CT128M4SSD2 128GB SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5" SSD
So I was not sure if I was overlooking something small.
Thanks
That's the older older drive. Although Micro Center advertises it as CT128M4SSD2,
they give the Mfr Part # as CT0128M4SSD2.

Crucial M4 / Micron C400 256GB SSD Review - Crucial m4/Micron C400 - Two Names, One Drive - Legit Reviews
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jun 2012   #6
jeepmann4x4

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sardonicus View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jeepmann4x4 View Post
That's what I was guessing but had to check.
The Micro Center near me has some 128gb M4's that run slower 415mb/s R and 175mb/s W instead of 500mb/s R and 175mb/s W.....Micro Center - Crucial m4 CT128M4SSD2 128GB SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5" SSD
So I was not sure if I was overlooking something small.
Thanks
That's the older older drive. Although Micro Center advertises it as CT128M4SSD2,
they give the Mfr Part # as CT0128M4SSD2.

Crucial M4 / Micron C400 256GB SSD Review - Crucial m4/Micron C400 - Two Names, One Drive - Legit Reviews
Thanks, I didn't catch that. Good to know.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jun 2012   #7
smarteyeball

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sardonicus View Post

That's the older older drive. Although Micro Center advertises it as CT128M4SSD2,
they give the Mfr Part # as CT0128M4SSD2.
Interesting. I didn't know that there was a 'C400' version.

*
Unless you really need the caddy, I'd simply go for the $109 at newegg. I'm pretty sure the HAF X has a 3.5 caddy.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jun 2012   #8
jeepmann4x4

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sardonicus View Post

That's the older older drive. Although Micro Center advertises it as CT128M4SSD2,
they give the Mfr Part # as CT0128M4SSD2.
Interesting. I didn't know that there was a 'C400' version.

*
Unless you really need the caddy, I'd simply go for the $109 at newegg. I'm pretty sure the HAF X has a 3.5 caddy.
Yes it does come with one 3.5 caddy, I also have a few more laying around.
Yeah I'll most likely pick up the $109 one soon, seems like a good price for size.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jun 2012   #9
pparks1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Also, don't pay a ton of attention to the raw throughput of the SSD's. What makes the SSD special is the extremely low random access time across the entire drive.

The items that I focus on are the 4k benchmarks and the # of IOPS in total.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jun 2012   #10
essenbe
Microsoft MVP

Windows Ultimate SP1/Windows 7 Enterprise X64
 
 

It also comes with no screws. They are M3 X.05 not sure about the length.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 SSD Comparing 3 m4's




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Comparing Fonts
IN XP you could categorise fonts according to how similar or different they were from a selected font. For some reason this facility has been omitted in 7. Does anyone know of a way of making font comparisons as was in XP?:(
Microsoft Office
New site for comparing CPU's
I found this site recently and figured it might come in handy for some people. You can compare pretty much every cpu made. Here - CPUBoss Paul.
Hardware & Devices
Need help with DOS Date comparing
Greetings, I know that this is a Windows 7 forum, but I thought I would give it a try. My ultimate goal is to have a vbs script run after a certain date on a computer image. I thought that this would be best done with a simple batch file. In Windows XP, whenever you would create a...
General Discussion
Comparing all editions.
So I visited again .. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/compare-editions/default.aspx Other than those two difference between Professional and Ultimate is there anything else different? Honestly I could careless about Bitlocker, unless you guys think its essential.
Installation & Setup
Stop comparing Windows Seven with others.
window seven is the best OS till what we have go.After all such tutorials , suggestion ,debate still some people ask " IS WINDOW SEVEN BETTER THAN OTHER?".I dont know why they still asking this. yes i know many of them still facing some problems after installing window seven , but they r getting...
Chillout Room

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:51.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App