I could really use some help with this. I have a HD that I'm moving from one Windows 7 machine to another.
- The new system is a Gateway DX4860. The old was was also a Gateway DX4820.
- When I put the old drive in the new computer, I get the Windows Splash screen, the stars begin to appear and it resets.
- I went back to the old machine and noticed the BIOS setting for SATA was set to RAID.
- I changed the new system to RAID, it just froze.
- I put a second drive in the new machine and now it boots properly.
- I installed the AHCI drivers, changed the registry setting to 0, rebooted the machine, and changed the BIOS setting to AHCI from RAID.
- When Windows tries to boot, I'm getting the same behavior as before (I get the Windows Splash screen, the stars begin to appear and it resets).
This is for Windows 7 BTW.
Gateway AND Intel have both told me I need to re-install the OS to make this happen. I'd rather not do that if AT ALL possible.
I'd very much appreciate some help with this.
Thanks so much in advance for any help you can provide!