|21 Jun 2012||#1|
| || |
My touchpad is way too sensitive and I have no way to adjust it. I have a HP Pavilion dv6000 notebook that came with Vista but has been upgraded to Windows 7. I tried following other threads to fix this but my situation seems to be different. I tried downloading new drivers but the message I get says there aren't any drivers for this notebook with this OS. There is nothing anywhere on my computer that says Synaptics which I thought I had before the upgrade. I have Mouse Properties with tabs that read: Buttons, Pointers, Pointer Options, Wheel, Hardware. Nothing about a touchpad at all. Anyone have an idea?
|My System Specs|
|21 Jun 2012||#2|
| || |
Hello Shibara and welcome to Seven Forums.
- Create a restore point before you do anything else. Name it pre-synaptic driver (or something else) so it's easy to find it again.
- Go to the HP driver download support site
HP Support & Drivers | United States
- Click on the small down arrow in the Drivers & Software box.
- Type in Pavilion dv6000, click Search
- Click on your specific model (probably the first one, dv6000 CTO notebook)
- Select your original operating system (that would be Vista or Vista 64 bit)
- Open the download for Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices
- Under synaptics touchpad click on More Info and you should see the driver package called sp37065.exe (you can either click on it to open and install or you can save it to a convenient location, like your desktop.)
Personally, since this is a Vista driver, I'd save the .exe file and install it using Compatibility Mode. Hopefully Windows 7 will recognize the driver and give you full Synaptics functionality.
If this doesn't work, use your restore point to roll back your computer. You can try downloading the generic 32 bit or 64 bit Synaptic driver directly from Synaptic. But as they warn, it may not work because each computer manufacturer customizes the basic driver to work with their specific computers. If it doesn't work, you may have to use the restore point again and just learn to make do with the sensitivity issue.
Drivers | Synaptics
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Touchpad Sensitivity|
|Sony Vaio touchpad sensitivity software||Software|
|touchpad sensitivity on SONY Viao||Hardware & Devices|
|Synaptics Touchpad Tapping Sensitivity Adjust Ineffective||Hardware & Devices|
|Synaptic Touchpad unbalanced sensitivity||Hardware & Devices|
|mouse sensitivity problems with cs||Gaming|
|Pen Pressure Sensitivity Not Work in Sai||Software|
|Weird bug with mouse sensitivity||Hardware & Devices|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:52 PM.