Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: a request to this de device has been cancelled

19 Jul 2012   #21
amoretam

Windows 7 x64bit Home Premium
 
 

....stuck at 28% , it says correcting error in index $130 for file 370747
Sorting index $130 in file 370749

It is the same it's been saying everytime I run chkdsk since the problem began yesterday....


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
19 Jul 2012   #22
amoretam

Windows 7 x64bit Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by amoretam View Post
....stuck at 28% , it says correcting error in index $130 for file 370747
Sorting index $130 in file 370749

It is the same it's been saying everytime I run chkdsk since the problem began yesterday....
.....still running at 30%
Recovering orphaned file switch2.png (2985) into directory file 2961.

I am thinking about cancelling , my hdd is very hot! and sounds like a clock..

do you think that this unindexed problem has something to do with indexing , I mean should I disable indexing on this drive?

thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Jul 2012   #23
F5ing

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Cancel it. That sound you're hearing could be a bad sign (is it clicking?); like the drive is having a hard time positioning the heads to the proper location and instead is rapidly seeking (hitting the spindle then back out to the parking mechanism).

You should've been able to see SMART results with the WD software if it was connected directly to the motherboard.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

19 Jul 2012   #24
amoretam

Windows 7 x64bit Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by F5ing View Post
Cancel it. That sound you're hearing could be a bad sign (is it clicking?); like the drive is having a hard time positioning the heads to the proper location and instead is rapidly seeking (hitting the spindle then back out to the parking mechanism).

You should've been able to see SMART results with the WD software if it was connected directly to the motherboard.
cancelled

yes it was clicking ,
there is no results, it just said PASS
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Jul 2012   #25
F5ing

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Did it cool down and stop clicking?

Run the WD program again and click on the blue PASS. Post the screenshot. SMART isn't perfect as it basically just reports Pass/Warn/Fail as a final result, but it does monitor a bunch of stuff in order to do so.


Attached Images
a request to this de device has been cancelled-capture2.png a request to this de device has been cancelled-capture3.png 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Jul 2012   #26
amoretam

Windows 7 x64bit Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by amoretam View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by F5ing View Post
Cancel it. That sound you're hearing could be a bad sign (is it clicking?); like the drive is having a hard time positioning the heads to the proper location and instead is rapidly seeking (hitting the spindle then back out to the parking mechanism).

You should've been able to see SMART results with the WD software if it was connected directly to the motherboard.
cancelled

yes it was clicking ,
there is no results, it just said PASS
after I cancelled and try to boot chkdsk ran again but this time it passed beyond 73% very fast and a lot of recovering orphaned files and right now is Corrrecting errors in the Master File Table (MTF) mirror... it has like 7 minutes there
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Jul 2012   #27
amoretam

Windows 7 x64bit Home Premium
 
 

it is not clicking right now while it corrects the MFT

should I let it do its thing??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Jul 2012   #28
amoretam

Windows 7 x64bit Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by amoretam View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by amoretam View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by F5ing View Post
Cancel it. That sound you're hearing could be a bad sign (is it clicking?); like the drive is having a hard time positioning the heads to the proper location and instead is rapidly seeking (hitting the spindle then back out to the parking mechanism).

You should've been able to see SMART results with the WD software if it was connected directly to the motherboard.
cancelled

yes it was clicking ,
there is no results, it just said PASS
after I cancelled and try to boot chkdsk ran again but this time it passed beyond 73% very fast and a lot of recovering orphaned files and right now is Corrrecting errors in the Master File Table (MTF) mirror... it has like 7 minutes there
computer booted, thanks god right now I have accces to the data in the disk, but disk is unresponsive..

The old message A requiest to this device has been cancelled is in Event Viewer. lots of them

I cant find wininit or chkdsk in event viewer..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Jul 2012   #29
amoretam

Windows 7 x64bit Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by amoretam View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by amoretam View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by amoretam View Post

cancelled

yes it was clicking ,
there is no results, it just said PASS
after I cancelled and try to boot chkdsk ran again but this time it passed beyond 73% very fast and a lot of recovering orphaned files and right now is Corrrecting errors in the Master File Table (MTF) mirror... it has like 7 minutes there
computer booted, thanks god right now I have accces to the data in the disk, but disk is unresponsive..

The old message A requiest to this device has been cancelled is in Event Viewer. lots of them

I cant find wininit or chkdsk in event viewer..
.............also i have no blue pass in data lifeguard..

when i click to view smart data a popup says: SMART disk info is NOT available for this drive or inaccesable by this program
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Jul 2012   #30
F5ing

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Don't reboot again (at least for the time being) until we see if we should reset that dirty bit.

Check out post #25 (I think you may have missed it).

When I get a disk like this from someone the first thing I do is clone it to another drive. That way I've always got a copy of it in case something goes wrong with the testing/fixing of the original.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 a request to this de device has been cancelled




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error
I had a 1TB WD Mypassport but having problem with corrupt Master Boot Record Tried to repair my external hard drive using bootrec /fixmbr bootrec /fixboot but i got this error message "The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error" :cry:
Hardware & Devices
The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error
I have a Flash Memory 8GB. I can't Format it, i try format it with of DISK Managment and Command Prompt but i can't. http://www.up3.98ia.com/images/xsm0jmzg8rph7q817j3.jpg http://www.up3.98ia.com/images/yzkwmdjzrqrygb8i88p4.jpg http://www.up3.98ia.com/images/m0w7l5ybp06llxn1yxzu.jpg...
Hardware & Devices
How do I fix a 400 Bad Request? Size of a request header field exceed
Bad Request. Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand. Size of a request header field exceeds server limit. Cookie /n I have read about some fixes in Google. Some I don't trust. Some I don't understand. I have used ATF cleaner to clear away the cookies and all the...
Browsers & Mail
''the last backup was cancelled''
Hello all, I already have readed that if you backup your computer there are different sorts; system image and your files. If I klick ''Back up now'' (in System and Security\Backup and Restore) makes my pc also an system image? And when I did make a backup it sayes: Back up your files ...
Backup and Restore
HDD Error: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device
Hi I recently did a clean install of W7 Professional. I installed W7 first on the SSD. Once the operating system was running I then proceeded to add the internal HDD (500G Seagate). Unfortunately the system just does not seem to recognise the HDD. Device Manager: In Device Manager->Disk...
Hardware & Devices
This operation has been cancelled
I have seem similar post but could not find it after I registered for this forum. Besides mine is a Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit problem combined with Outlook 2007 and perhaps the Internet Explorer 9 beta. I can;t guaranteee it but I believe it happened after I installed the IE9 beta, but can't...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:59.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App