Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Cooler Master 212 Plus Fan Issue

03 Jul 2012   #31
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Deception View Post
Is my fan supposed to spin constantly all the time or no?
The reason I am asking is because it isn't. Watch the short 1 minute video I made, explains it all in detail.

Cooler Master 212 Plus Fan Issue - YouTube

Thanks for your help!
Sean
Your post you stipulated you fan does not run all the time and gave us a video. That was and is the reason for my post # 14. If the fan would of worked from another connection on the M/B the fan would be concerned okay.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
03 Jul 2012   #32
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

I have my cpu fans plugged into a case fan header so they will spin 100% all the time. So I don't get warning every time I boot I plug a case fan into the cpu fan connection. Some cpu fans will be a little noisy at 100% all the time, mine are not.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jul 2012   #33
Deception

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Deception View Post
Is my fan supposed to spin constantly all the time or no?
The reason I am asking is because it isn't. Watch the short 1 minute video I made, explains it all in detail.

Cooler Master 212 Plus Fan Issue - YouTube

Thanks for your help!
Sean
Your post you stipulated you fan does not run all the time and gave us a video. That was and is the reason for my post # 14. If the fan would of worked from another connection on the M/B the fan would be concerned okay.
I meant it starts and stops, I see how my post can be misconstrued as otherwise... BUT that's why I made the video, explains it clearly.


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
I have my cpu fans plugged into a case fan header so they will spin 100% all the time. So I don't get warning every time I boot I plug a case fan into the cpu fan connection. Some cpu fans will be a little noisy at 100% all the time, mine are not.
Alright well i'll give it a go and see if this one is noisy! Thanks for the help.

This thread I feel like could be pretty dang useful to others!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

09 Jul 2012   #34
DeaconFrost

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by UnknownReverent View Post
I've never seen a cpu cooler fan stop.
Just because you've never seen one doesn't mean they don't exist. Newer processors run cooler than ever, so with proper cooling, they may not always need a fan spinning constantly....especially if that cooling is paired with a properly cooled case.

I'll assume you've never seen an HTPC that doesn't even have a fan, and uses passive cooling?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jul 2012   #35
UnknownReverent

MS Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DeaconFrost View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by UnknownReverent View Post
I've never seen a cpu cooler fan stop.
Just because you've never seen one doesn't mean they don't exist. Newer processors run cooler than ever, so with proper cooling, they may not always need a fan spinning constantly....especially if that cooling is paired with a properly cooled case.

I'll assume you've never seen an HTPC that doesn't even have a fan, and uses passive cooling?
I've seen one of those, but that obviously doesn't have a fan to begin with. I've had quite a few computers and I have yet to see a fan stop. Even my i5 needs the fan constantly spinning.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jul 2012   #36
DeaconFrost

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

As I explained before, it all depends on other factors. Have you ever installed or used a Hyper 212+? It comes with a huge heatsink with thermal pipes. On some systems, it can be used alone, without a fan, assuming the case itself is cooling and moving air properly. It's thermal monitoring controls the fan to run when needed, and that's how it can keep the noise way down.

I have one of my two running on a server cooling an i3-2100. I can watch the fan stop spinning at random times, and then spin up when needed. If your i5 is running a stock HSF, then it needs to have the fan running all the time to stay cool. Sit a stock cooler on a table next to the Hyper 212+, and it will be very obvious why the two differ in cooling abilities.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jul 2012   #37
UnknownReverent

MS Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DeaconFrost View Post
As I explained before, it all depends on other factors. Have you ever installed or used a Hyper 212+? It comes with a huge heatsink with thermal pipes. On some systems, it can be used alone, without a fan, assuming the case itself is cooling and moving air properly. It's thermal monitoring controls the fan to run when needed, and that's how it can keep the noise way down.

I have one of my two running on a server cooling an i3-2100. I can watch the fan stop spinning at random times, and then spin up when needed. If your i5 is running a stock HSF, then it needs to have the fan running all the time to stay cool. Sit a stock cooler on a table next to the Hyper 212+, and it will be very obvious why the two differ in cooling abilities.
It's definitely not a stock cooler. I have a ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX-B. I've never used a stock cooler. I also have 6 other case fans in the computer as well and it still constantly spins. The other setup I had a huge heatsink/fan as well and 4 case fans.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jul 2012   #38
DeaconFrost

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Maybe your Zalman isn't designed to ever spin down completely. Who knows. All I'm telling you is how the Hyper 212+ works, from experience of owning two. You made a blanket statement that I corrected...nothing more nothing less.

The number of case fans also has no real bearing on how well the case is cooled. I've been building systems for 15 years now, and I can tell you one of the biggest lessons learned is that simply adding fans doesn't always increase the cooling ability. I don't know your case or your layout of fans, so I'm not making assumptions that your cooling isn't good. I'm just saying that just adding a lot of fans doesn't always do the trick.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jul 2012   #39
UnknownReverent

MS Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DeaconFrost View Post
Maybe your Zalman isn't designed to ever spin down completely. Who knows. All I'm telling you is how the Hyper 212+ works, from experience of owning two. You made a blanket statement that I corrected...nothing more nothing less.

The number of case fans also has no real bearing on how well the case is cooled. I've been building systems for 15 years now, and I can tell you one of the biggest lessons learned is that simply adding fans doesn't always increase the cooling ability. I don't know your case or your layout of fans, so I'm not making assumptions that your cooling isn't good. I'm just saying that just adding a lot of fans doesn't always do the trick.
Well my case is NZXT Tempest 410 Elite. It has 2 top fans, 2 front fans, one bottom, and one back. I've just never known one to spin down, but you're right. I've never used the Hyper 212+.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Cooler Master 212 Plus Fan Issue




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Cooler Masterís HAF X
Well for the second time Iíve come off of my usual name brand company items. First I left Intel to go with Gigabyteís X58A-UD5 motherboard, now Iíve left Antec to go with Cooler Mastersí HAF X PC Case. Quick story, Iíve been using Antec cases since 2000 and recently grew tired of my P182 since...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Cooler Master's new All-in-One Liquid Cooler
Just saw this...... Cooler Master Future Proofs All-in-One Liquid Cooling with Expandable Glacer 240L Discuss
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Cooler Master GX 550W
Hi all.. im currently using this Cooler Master GX 550W Bronze 80 Plus PSU with my current rig.. I don't know but for some reason people here saying that this PSU sucks and is known for damaging hardware. So tell me should I buy a new one that is better than this? or does anyone have any Good/Bad...
Hardware & Devices
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Cooler
I just got the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Cooler today, easily installed and really good. Well better than stock cooler. Hyper 212 Plus - Cooler Master - Leading Provider of Computer Case | Cooler | Power Supply Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus review The 1 fan which is mounted is intake. ...
Hardware & Devices
Cooler Master HAF X RC-942
We should really have a category for "Liquid Cooling". Anyway, this is the case that I'm going to or might get, I hear that it's huge which is a good thing actually. Now, I want to have liquid cooling (no dust), and by that I mean the whole shebang (spelling?). And by that I mean the CPU...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Cooler Master hyper 212 plus?
Hello, i have AMD phenom II x4 955 BE processor. i have replaced the stock fan because of the huge noise and the bad cooling with a new Cooler Master hyper 212 plus(Hyper 212 Plus - Cooler Master - Leading Provider of Computer Case | Cooler | Power Supply) i noticed that it is a bit better for...
Hardware & Devices


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App