|01 Jul 2012||#1|
| || |
Laptop DVD external enclosure not working properly
Hi, I installed 2 hard drives using a caddy in my laptop, 1 SSD for the OS and 1 HDD for data. Every once in a while (once a year id say) I still need the DVD drive so I bought an external DVD enclosure (Generic). The problem right now is that windows doesn't recognize it or rather doesn't recognize it correctly.
On windows 7 pro x64.
here is a pic of the device manager
ok so windows recognizes it a a disk drive automatically (changed it manually to optical drive) and adds a portable device (? WPD FileSystem Volume Driver). The drive appears in My computer but empty.
What Iv tried:
- chose manually all available drivers from windows in update driver.
- disabled power management on usb
- other usb port/computer (on Windows 7 32bits)
- using a power cable instead of the usb power cable
- google search for drivers using the device id ( USBSTOR\DISK&VEN_GENERIC&PROD_EXTERNAL&REV_1.12\303030303030303030303030&0)
anything else I can try? thanks.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Laptop DVD external enclosure not working properly|
|External HDD enclosure not shutting down||Hardware & Devices|
|USB ports not working properly after using external USB hub||Hardware & Devices|
|External HDD Enclosure Question||Hardware & Devices|
|Problem with External Enclosure||Hardware & Devices|
|Win 7 does not recognize 2 TB in external enclosure?||Hardware & Devices|
|External HD Enclosure help?||Hardware & Devices|
|External HDD Enclosure Problem||Hardware & Devices|